Saca312

Greg Olsen Likely Headed To Short Term IR

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Right. We just need to be in the hunt when he returns. I believe we can do that with our defense, and our offense and Can will get better as the season progresses 

Yeah, it hurts to lose him but at least it won't be for the entire season. He can come back fresh in 8 weeks and help us make that push to the playoffs

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Well...

Luckily, we're not in trouble just yet. I'll explain how Kelvin Benjamin will help bandage Olsen's loss if necessary in an article soon.

I think you seem to forget that Shula is designing and play calling the plays. Two games in and two touchdowns. A lot of okay plays but then you have runs up the middle when we can't run up the middle and of course, the long developing plays when the line is shaky and not doing its job. 

• Beer 1

We're gonna miss him, but I'm not overly worried right now.  Yes, both offenses we faced in the first two weeks sucked, but if this defense is as good as advertised, and I believe it is, then I think our overall play won't change much...  offense will be an issue and may struggle to score, but the defense will continue to carry us.

Hopefully, CMC will hit his stride soon.

If he targets after the bye that gives him 9 weeks to heal. Seems reasonable.

Edited by Shocker

2 hours ago, luke262 said:

We'll be 6 - 2 and he'll return to the starting lineup 

bad timing with the BYE, he will be out from weeks 3-10, our BYE is week 11, so we wont be seeing greg till after thanksgiving.

34 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If he targets after the bye that gives him 9 weeks to heal. Seems reasonable.

surgery tmrw. means he will basically have 10 weeks to heal. Honestly a good thing, would rather have him take his time coming back and be 100 percent.

• Beer 1

This loss really changes things. Olsen attracted so much attention from the linebackers and the secondary. I have no faith that Shula can adjust the playbook accordingly.