ECUPantherFan

"Woke up with a bad neck"

33 minutes ago, LUUUUUKE said:

Y'all act like you haven't woken up before and literally had to turn your whole body either to the left or right because you couldn't move your neck without having excruciating pain.

You'd much rather question the toughness of our Pro Bowl center?

wow

That has literally never happened to me. I'm 40. 

Full disclosure: I also am not a professional athlete, I do as little physical activity as possible, and try to nap daily. 

1 minute ago, dldove77 said:

Full disclosure: I also am not a professional athlete, I do as little physical activity as possible, and try to nap daily. 

It sucks. Happened to me a few times in my life. Sleeping wrong, I don't know. But wake up and cannot move head in one direction. Literally just can't. Also like a month ago my lower back went out on me for the first time ever. That put me down for 2 days. Everything was impossible. Back and neck injuries fug everything up. When it happens you instantly respect it.

6 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

you're a damn cat. that's what it sounds like.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

It sucks. Happened to me a few times in my life. Sleeping wrong, I don't know. But wake up and cannot move head in one direction. Literally just can't. Also like a month ago my lower back went out on me for the first time ever. That put me down for 2 days. Everything was impossible. Back and neck injuries fug everything up. When it happens you instantly respect it.

I believe you, but I also would have liked to have seen someone try the old briefcase justice on Kalil yesterday. 

YellowishPoshJabiru-max-1mb.gif

• Pie 2
  • Cargos 1

A center's neck is constantly getting fuged up.

Glad that he was able to rest and we still get the W

I gotta side with Ryan.  As a center you need your head on a swivel.  If you can't turn your head you're gonna get killed or get someone killed.

I've woken up with the snag in my neck.  It is brutal, every turn, cough, sneeze etc is a jolt of blinding pain.

Only thing that works is time and alternating hot and cold.

I love how spoiled this fanbase is when it comes to center play. You'd think a game like yesterday would make everyone realize an all-pro center doesn't grow on trees.

In case you didn't realize, Larsen played just like a backup. Not exactly the best performance at all.

Kalil does more and is far more the man than any of you twats on the internet are. Try blocking 300+ linemen and butting heads every snap with a sore neck and see how fast you end up in the hospital.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

I love how spoiled this fanbase is when it comes to center play. You'd think a game like yesterday would make everyone realize an all-pro center doesn't grow on trees.

In case you didn't realize, Larsen played just like a backup. Not exactly the best performance at all.

Kalil does more and is far more the man than any of you twats on the internet are. Try blocking 300+ linemen and butting heads every snap with a sore neck and see how fast you end up in the hospital.

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

- Roger Murdock

He's old. We drafted Jon Beason and Dwayne Jarret ahead of him... He's doing okay for his age and position. 

To the OPs point. You can have an arm taken off and still live a fulfilling life. You have a neck taken off and your a plot twist in GoT. Neck injuries should absolutely be taken seriously.