Jeremy Igo

SCARY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, Dex said:

If we're talking straight unsettling I recommend Irreversible. Two scenes in particular stick out. Difficult to watch but a VERY good movie.

Ugg, definitely one of the most graphic rape scenes ever.  Up there with I Spit on Your Grave. 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

On 9/20/2017 at 9:27 AM, Cary Kollins said:

Great horror movies already listed. Here are some of my favorites I consider "must watch" that haven't been mentioned yet:

51ZD8DCJAWL._SY445_.jpg

Dead Alive - (88% RT) Before Peter Jackson did Lord of the Rings, he made absolutely insane and hilarious zombie movies with genius practical effects. Ever wonder what it'd look like to mow down zombies with a lawn mower? Killer zombie toddler anyone? Classic.

185e48a43c7f63acf74b1bd58827b510_500x735

What We Do in the Shadows -  (96% RT) Horror/comedy mockumentary from New Zealand. Spinal Tap with vampires.

these two are so fugin good. 

i'll list some unmentioneds later.

• Poo 1

Couple of newer releases that I think were cool:

The Taking of Deborah Logan, Last Shift, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Life, Don't Breathe, Curse of Chucky, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Hush, The Invitation, Green Room, The Awakening,  The Orphanage, Train to Busan, The Girl with All the Gifts (couple zombies at the end there)

And agree Braindead (Dead Alive) is an absolute classic.

Edited by Shocker

Just now, Shocker said:

Couple of newer releases that I think were cool:

The Taking of Deborah Logan, Last Shift, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Life, Don't Breathe, Curse of Chucky, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, Hush, The Invitation, Green Room, The Awakening,  The Orphanage, Train to Busan, The Girl with All the Gifts (couple zombies at the end there)

Several in that list I've been meaning to see.

Green Room is nuts.

• Pie 1

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:43 AM, Dex said:

The Babadook (haven't seen but have heard good things)

I thought The Babadook was ugh. Boring and silly and way overhyped. I mean not unwatchable bad but just not satisfying in any way and I was waiting for it to be finished.

• Cargos 2

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

Grave Encounters had its moments and was a decent watch as part of my netflix plan - would not pay additional for it.

Grave Encounters 2 though was complete garbage.  Avoid it.

Saw it hated it

52 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Several in that list I've been meaning to see.

Green Room is nuts.

Liked Green Room.  You may not like all those on that list...but I like bad horror movies for the most part as well.  It has to be really, really bad for me to hate it.  Exception would be Nightmare on Elm Street movies.  Just never liked em.  The first one was ok, the rest I hated.

Edited by Shocker

The Thankskilling movies are...ummmm...different. If you go in with no expectations you'll be laughing as you shout at the tv what in the actual fug is going on? Just plain strange movies.

Also it goes from 1 to 3. There is no 2 but the movie Thankskilling 2 is mentioned in 3. It's just insanity.

thankskilling_movie_poster.jpg.55ddc5de2fef6b25d475494264a89cc3.jpg

• Pie 1

Lots of great suggestions, but a precious few that are missing:

Judging from the OP @Jeremy Igo I'm thinking you'd enjoy some stylized schlock and mayhem features:

Feast, Slither, Ginger Snaps, Shaun of the Dead

If you are looking for something in the vein of straight creepy as hell and stick with you:

Audition (nothing else out there like it), Inside

For gore-fests:

High Tension, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, The Fly (remake), Hostel

Standard fare (NONE OF THE SEQUELS):

Candyman, Silent Hill, Dawn of the Dead (Remake), The Mist, 30 Days of Night

Double-Mentions (mentioned in the thread previously but deserving of another shout):

Event Horizon, Cabin in the Woods, Trick'r'Treat (2007), Get Out, Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead, The Thing, Wolf Creek

Edited by twylyght
  • Pie 2
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

11 minutes ago, twylyght said:

Lots of great suggestions, but a precious few that are missing:

Judging from the OP (@JeremyIgo) I'm thinking you'd enjoy some stylized schlock and mayhem features:

Feast, Slither, Ginger Snaps, Shaun of the Dead

If you are looking for something in the vein of straight creepy as hell and stick with you:

Audition (nothing else out there like it), Inside

For gore-fests:

High Tension, Re-Animator, Hellraiser, The Fly (remake), Hostel

Standard fare (NONE OF THE SEQUELS):

Candyman, Silent Hill, Dawn of the Dead (Remake), The Mist, 30 Days of Night

Double-Mentions (mentioned in the thread previously but deserving of another shout):

Event Horizon, Cabin in the Woods, Trick'r'Treat (2007), Get Out, Evil Dead, Return of the Living Dead, The Thing, Wolf Creek

Can't find a bad one on that list.  I need to see Inside.  Well played!

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Moorgan said:

I thought The Babadook was ugh. Boring and silly and way overhyped. I mean not unwatchable bad but just not satisfying in any way and I was waiting for it to be finished.

I really liked The Babadook but the ending was just a real let down IMO. 

• Beer 1