Saca312

2013: Year 2 For A Young Cornerback - Reaction Thread Highlights

Starting to see people wanting Worley’s head. So, I thought I’d revisit the past and see what people said about Josh Norman.

I see parallels.

“Today when he came in, his presence was immediately felt, in a bad way. He gave up pass after pass. Including getting absolutely ate up on a dig route that left him about 20 yards behind his man. 

Guess who blew the coverage on that last TD that gave the Bills the win? Well fuging Norman of course. For some inexplicable reason he decided to try and jump the route on the slot receiver who was already covered by Thomas Davis and left his man WIDE fuging OPEN in the corner of the endzone.........”

So, how about we let a young corner grow and learn and see what he can do, eh?

Edited by Saca312
  • Pie 8
  • Poo 2

I know this “worley sucks” train seems fun. Really does. However, it can’t be understated that he has potential. Lots of it.

Flashed it his rookie season. Won’t be surprised to see him pan out in the future. 

Sure, maybe it’s too early right now for him. But don’t throw him away yet.

• Pie 8

I think he's a good tackler-solid against the run. He struggles in pass protection, but so have our entire secondary this year. He hasn't had much luck but he looks like a player waiting to give up yardage instead of a player about to make a big play on the ball. And that's bad in our division.

Bradberry has been far from perfect this year- he had a non-call on pass interference on a deep throw against the Eagles. He's missed some tackles he should have made against the run. But hes also had moments of strong coverage so people let his mistakes go.

But I think that Seymour's play against the Eagles show that bringing in a different guy doesn't necessarily improve things either. I mean six games in our DB's collectively have zero interceptions.

This is a "what have you done for me lately world."  

Edited by Jangler
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

Just looking over those old threads and there were not many pages, and a lot of the replies were about something else, or defended Norman. Not really a popular topic to attack Norman, and this is even after he cost us games.

• Pie 1

Going back to the stat about -7 takeaways and combining that with 0 interceptions from our DB's you can reasonably conclude that nobody is making great reads and plays on the ball.

I mean laying the blame at the feet of the 2nd year 3rd rounder seems harsh. He was drafted to be a starter but he's had a baptism of fire in a division with strong QBs and WRs and little safety help. Expecting everything to be all sweetness and light by bringing in a 6th rounder from another team strikes me as naive. I'm ok with Seymour coming in-we all know we needed depth.But there is an argument here for sticking with Worley for better or worse.

• Pie 3

Worley does not have the ceiling Josh had, never will. Worley can be solid, but he cannot be Josh Norman. James Bradberry on the other hand...

• Pie 1

You were the one hyping Worley up in the off-season and laying all these expectations on him and now all of a sudden it’s all “hey let’s slow our roll and wait and give him some time”.

• Pie 5

Worley hasn't shown anything to warrant a sliver of hope.

I did find some of the comments amusing. But when they reference him making picks or trying to be a play maker that's better than just being a soft coverage guy.

• Pie 1