dldove77

Potential Postseason Advantage

As long as things don't get severely mucked up, there's a good chance the NFC playoffs will look something like this: 

LA Rams, Philadelphia, Carolina, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Seattle/Dallas/Washington

What sticks out here is that we have a real advantage in player and coach postseason experience, especially if the Sherman injury (among other issues) keeps Seattle from advancing to January. 

It absolutely cannot be discounted how much the experience of 2013-2015 will help these guys when playing teams that are just getting their postseason feet wet. Think about that 2013 12-4 Panthers team and how they handled hosting a Divisional Round game against a team that went to the Super Bowl the year before. One team played like they'd been there. The other team was Carolina.

Last Playoff Appearance Playoff Record Since 2011
Seattle 2016 8-4
Dallas 2016 1-2
Carolina 2015 3-3
Washington 2015 0-2
Minnesota 2015 0-2
New Orleans 2013 2-2
Philadelphia 2013 0-1
LA Rams 2004 0-0
Edited by dldove77
  • Beer 1

Strangely enough, I was looking at the standings, and noticed that if the Panthers went 10-6 we could still miss the playoffs if a couple teams go on a run....

But you are correct, we should have a slight advantage on the experience side, and a strong advantage because it seems our defense is legit....barring injury.

23 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Strangely enough, I was looking at the standings, and noticed that if the Panthers went 10-6 we could still miss the playoffs if a couple teams go on a run....

But you are correct, we should have a slight advantage on the experience side, and a strong advantage because it seems our defense is legit....barring injury.

We're going to be 12-4 or 13-3.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Just now, thomas96 said:

That would be nice. If we do that we should get a bye and the playoff experience is extremely helpful. So is some home games/bye. We need some help. We can’t go on the road the whole time with the current offense. 

26 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

You honestly think we're gonna run the table the rest of the season? 

11-5 may be a little more realistic 

31 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

I too truly believe that.  Common sense/most likely really.

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

We have one of the easiest schedules remaining in the NFL. Injuries help.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, joemac said:

I do.  Odds are we might drop one in New Orleans or Atlanta but even if we split those we’re 12-4.  New Orleans simply isn’t good enough to sweep us IMO, we’ll have Olsen, and we have a winning record all time down there.

The Falcons can beat us too of course but might have nothing to play for.

50/50 at worst odds for both games.

Panthers get back Olsen. Our offense is trending to more a quick strike offense that can finally be initiated due to having the right players. Samuel's a legitimate rookie who'll likely blow up sooner than later. 

Add our already stout defense, and I expect 12-4 with maybe a loss to the Vikings or the Saints.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Panthers get back Olsen. Our offense is trending to more a quick strike offense that can finally be initiated due to having the right players. Samuel's a legitimate rookie who'll likely blow up sooner than later. 

Add our already stout defense, and I expect 12-4 with maybe a loss to the Vikings or the Saints.

Nailed it.

Ya'll are a little more optimistic than me. 

Hoping for 10-11 wins honestly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Im thinking we lose to Atlanta in ATL, and possibly Minnesota depending on how Teddy B looks when he comes back.