Jump to content
dldove77

Potential Postseason Advantage

Recommended Posts

As long as things don't get severely mucked up, there's a good chance the NFC playoffs will look something like this: 

LA Rams, Philadelphia, Carolina, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Seattle/Dallas/Washington

What sticks out here is that we have a real advantage in player and coach postseason experience, especially if the Sherman injury (among other issues) keeps Seattle from advancing to January. 

It absolutely cannot be discounted how much the experience of 2013-2015 will help these guys when playing teams that are just getting their postseason feet wet. Think about that 2013 12-4 Panthers team and how they handled hosting a Divisional Round game against a team that went to the Super Bowl the year before. One team played like they'd been there. The other team was Carolina.

  Last Playoff Appearance Playoff Record Since 2011
Seattle 2016 8-4
Dallas 2016 1-2
Carolina 2015 3-3
Washington 2015 0-2
Minnesota 2015 0-2
New Orleans 2013 2-2
Philadelphia 2013 0-1
LA Rams 2004 0-0
Edited by dldove77
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely enough, I was looking at the standings, and noticed that if the Panthers went 10-6 we could still miss the playoffs if a couple teams go on a run....

But you are correct, we should have a slight advantage on the experience side, and a strong advantage because it seems our defense is legit....barring injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


23 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Strangely enough, I was looking at the standings, and noticed that if the Panthers went 10-6 we could still miss the playoffs if a couple teams go on a run....

But you are correct, we should have a slight advantage on the experience side, and a strong advantage because it seems our defense is legit....barring injury.

We're going to be 12-4 or 13-3.

  • Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thomas96 said:

We're going to be 12-4 or 13-3.

That would be nice. If we do that we should get a bye and the playoff experience is extremely helpful. So is some home games/bye. We need some help. We can’t go on the road the whole time with the current offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We're going to be 12-4 or 13-3.

You honestly think we're gonna run the table the rest of the season? 

11-5 may be a little more realistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

We're going to be 12-4 or 13-3.

I too truly believe that.  Common sense/most likely really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joemac said:

You honestly think we're gonna run the table the rest of the season? 

11-5 may be a little more realistic 

We have one of the easiest schedules remaining in the NFL. Injuries help.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




7 minutes ago, joemac said:

You honestly think we're gonna run the table the rest of the season? 

11-5 may be a little more realistic 

I do.  Odds are we might drop one in New Orleans or Atlanta but even if we split those we’re 12-4.  New Orleans simply isn’t good enough to sweep us IMO, we’ll have Olsen, and we have a winning record all time down there.

The Falcons can beat us too of course but might have nothing to play for.

50/50 at worst odds for both games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panthers get back Olsen. Our offense is trending to more a quick strike offense that can finally be initiated due to having the right players. Samuel's a legitimate rookie who'll likely blow up sooner than later. 

Add our already stout defense, and I expect 12-4 with maybe a loss to the Vikings or the Saints.

  • Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Panthers get back Olsen. Our offense is trending to more a quick strike offense that can finally be initiated due to having the right players. Samuel's a legitimate rookie who'll likely blow up sooner than later. 

Add our already stout defense, and I expect 12-4 with maybe a loss to the Vikings or the Saints.

Nailed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya'll are a little more optimistic than me. 

 

Hoping for 10-11 wins honestly.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im thinking we lose to Atlanta in ATL, and possibly Minnesota depending on how Teddy B looks when he comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,880
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    GeauxSainz
    Joined
  • Topics

×