Happy Panther

Things that trump says

15 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Bell's son was facing a decade or more in jail, you would think this father would have shown copious amounts of gratitude for his son's release. 

Short of that, at least he should keep his mouth shut like presumably the other parents involved have chosen to do. 

Instead, the father has made a bad situation even worse by attempting to minimize the seriousness of his son's criminal behavior.

You and many others might excuse Trumps behavior, play along with it, and not get upset because he’s a “man child,” but that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to. If Trump didn’t want to face the ire of LaVar Ball, then he shouldn’t have made the tweet he made before LaVar Ball even spoke and made his “who” comments. LaVar is obviously prideful man, and Trump basically goaded him into kissing his ass. Sorry, he’s not going to do that.

Lavar didn’t make the situation worse, as the boys were already free and had expressed their gratitude before he even responded to Trump. Just because you’d choose to keep your mouth shut, doesn’t mean that everyone else will. Maybe you should’ve been suggesting that’s Trump keep his mouth shut and do his good deed without expecting anything in return, like good individuals do. Trump made this worse, not LaVar Ball but you and others give Trump that out because his bar is set low. Forget that.

Edited by AggieLean

56 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Bell's son was facing a decade or more in jail, you would think this father would have shown copious amounts of gratitude for his son's release. 

Short of that, at least he should keep his mouth shut like presumably the other parents involved have chosen to do. 

Instead, the father has made a bad situation even worse by attempting to minimize the seriousness of his son's criminal behavior.

Ball actually is suppose to be on CNN today to share his thoughts.   

I do feel there are actually two valid points that can be made.

1.  You need to be thankful for the US Government (which includes Trump) regardless of the reasoning....for saving the rear ends of 3 stupid kids.

2.  I do think there is a fine line of being grateful and still being able to recognize what Trump is choosing to do with this topic......and disagreeing with playing into it.   But I don't think Ball is the type that can walk that fine line.    I don't think there is much to Ball outside of the me me me me showman clown.  He and Trump actually are alike in many ways. 

• Pie 1

All this debacle has done is illustrate that Trump is on the same emotional and intellectual level of a guy who thinks his kid shoplifting is no big deal and can't see how lucky he is that his kid was on the UCLA basketball team, and Trump wanted to accomplish something, anything that would get his ass kissed a bit.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Youre looking a little funny in the light

Yeah, I realize that.

Calling out ignorant and criminal behavior regardless of its source is unusual these days, in the Tinderbox and in our society in general.

We've become so polarized, so tribal in our thinking, that people are unwilling to condemn criminal activity by "their side" even when the culprits are caught red handed and admit their guilt.  

Some here go so far as to defend ignorant comments like those of Mr. Ball:  

They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.’ I’m from L.A. I’ve seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

it is almost like if he talks about Big Baller Brand's Dad and Marshawn Lynch....people overlook....

- his Admin just told votersin Bama to vote for Moore

- more than half of Puerto Rico is without power still

- Kushner, Trump's lawyer, etc all have dates with Mueller this week

- he still hasn't enforced the Russian sanctions

- and there is always the standard stuff of having made zero ground on trade policy, healthcare, etc. 

Just now, CRA said:

it is almost like if he talks about Big Baller Brand's Dad and Marshawn Lynch....people overlook....

- his Admin just told voters to Bama to vote for Moore

- and there is always the standard stuff of having made zero ground on trade policy, healthcare, etc. 

All these ^^^ are great topics for this thread.

Saying three Americans should have been left in China to be held accountable for their criminal behavior is not.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

- his Admin just told voters to Bama to vote for Moore

Yeah those are some bad things that can have consequences but CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW THOSE INGRATES STOLE LOUIS VUTTONS AND DIDNT EVEN SERVE TWENTY YEARS IN JAIL LIKE THEY PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE IF IT WERE UP TO ME PERSONALLY 

When you visit a foreign country it is your responsibility to be mindful of their laws. 3 incredibly privileged teens decide to shoplift from a high-end retailer in China (known for harsh criminal punishments) at the same time the President is on a goodwill tour of Asia.

They then get bailed out due to their status as college basketball players while any other citizen would rot in a Chinese jail for 10 years.

Trump, being the egomaniac that he is, demands a public apology from the players, which he receives.

LaVar Ball, not to be outdone, dismisses the huge favor that has saved his son from a decade of foreign imprisonment all for more notoriety and for the platform to sell his shitty, overpriced shoes.

Imagine caping for a thief and his wannabe celeb father. Plenty of more appropriate dumb poo that Trump has said that could fill this thread.

• Poo 1

22 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

All these ^^^ are great topics for this thread.

Saying three Americans should have been left in China to be held accountable for their criminal behavior is not.

well the point is Trump wants to talk about LaVar and Lynch....he doesn't want the discussion on all those important issues. 

Ten years was never even a consideration. if any of you had actually done any research or maybe not taken what the dumbass president says at face value, given his track record, you might have known that at this point. It was one to two weeks in this case, which was obviously because of their special situation. Removing their status from the equation and considering the value of the items and admittance of guilt and being first offenders and every other factor, they were probably looking at about like six months.

The ten years crap was part Trump and part lazy reporting. Ten years is a maximum penalty for thefts without any other considerations. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well the point is Trump wants to talk about LaVar and Lynch....he doesn't want the discussion on all those important issues. 

Yes, Trump is the master of distraction.

Apparently we have thousands of reporters and media analysts incapable of remaining focused on the serious issues of state, instead they are constantly led astray into the land of Reality TV by a modern day P.T. Barnum.