• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Happy Panther

Things that trump says

Just now, CRA said:

it is almost like if he talks about Big Baller Brand's Dad and Marshawn Lynch....people overlook....

- his Admin just told voters to Bama to vote for Moore

- more than half of Puerto Rico is without power still

- Kushner, Trump's lawyer, etc all have dates with Mueller this week

- he still hasn't enforced the Russian sanctions

- and there is always the standard stuff of having made zero ground on trade policy, healthcare, etc. 

All these ^^^ are great topics for this thread.

Saying three Americans should have been left in China to be held accountable for their criminal behavior is not.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

it is almost like if he talks about Big Baller Brand's Dad and Marshawn Lynch....people overlook....

- his Admin just told voters to Bama to vote for Moore

- more than half of Puerto Rico is without power still

- Kushner, Trump's lawyer, etc all have dates with Mueller this week

- he still hasn't enforced the Russian sanctions

- and there is always the standard stuff of having made zero ground on trade policy, healthcare, etc. 

Yeah those are some bad things that can have consequences but CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HOW THOSE INGRATES STOLE LOUIS VUTTONS AND DIDNT EVEN SERVE TWENTY YEARS IN JAIL LIKE THEY PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE IF IT WERE UP TO ME PERSONALLY 

When you visit a foreign country it is your responsibility to be mindful of their laws. 3 incredibly privileged teens decide to shoplift from a high-end retailer in China (known for harsh criminal punishments) at the same time the President is on a goodwill tour of Asia.

They then get bailed out due to their status as college basketball players while any other citizen would rot in a Chinese jail for 10 years.

Trump, being the egomaniac that he is, demands a public apology from the players, which he receives.

LaVar Ball, not to be outdone, dismisses the huge favor that has saved his son from a decade of foreign imprisonment all for more notoriety and for the platform to sell his shitty, overpriced shoes.

Imagine caping for a thief and his wannabe celeb father. Plenty of more appropriate dumb poo that Trump has said that could fill this thread.

• Poo 1

22 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

All these ^^^ are great topics for this thread.

Saying three Americans should have been left in China to be held accountable for their criminal behavior is not.

well the point is Trump wants to talk about LaVar and Lynch....he doesn't want the discussion on all those important issues. 

Ten years was never even a consideration. if any of you had actually done any research or maybe not taken what the dumbass president says at face value, given his track record, you might have known that at this point. It was one to two weeks in this case, which was obviously because of their special situation. Removing their status from the equation and considering the value of the items and admittance of guilt and being first offenders and every other factor, they were probably looking at about like six months.

The ten years crap was part Trump and part lazy reporting. Ten years is a maximum penalty for thefts without any other considerations. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well the point is Trump wants to talk about LaVar and Lynch....he doesn't want the discussion on all those important issues. 

Yes, Trump is the master of distraction.

Apparently we have thousands of reporters and media analysts incapable of remaining focused on the serious issues of state, instead they are constantly led astray into the land of Reality TV by a modern day P.T. Barnum.

19 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

When you visit a foreign country it is your responsibility to be mindful of their laws. 3 incredibly privileged teens decide to shoplift from a high-end retailer in China (known for harsh criminal punishments) at the same time the President is on a goodwill tour of Asia.

They then get bailed out due to their status as college basketball players while any other citizen would rot in a Chinese jail for 10 years.

Trump, being the egomaniac that he is, demands a public apology from the players, which he receives.

LaVar Ball, not to be outdone, dismisses the huge favor that has saved his son from a decade of foreign imprisonment all for more notoriety and for the platform to sell his shitty, overpriced shoes.

Imagine caping for a thief and his wannabe celeb father. Plenty of more appropriate dumb poo that Trump has said that could fill this thread.

No one is caping for him unless I missed it. I have seen posters defending Trump saying that he should have gone further with his stupidity and left them in China for 10 years (not accurate reporting  but the sentiment is there)

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

Ten years was never even a consideration. if any of you had actually done any research or maybe not taken what the dumbass president says at face value, given his track record, you might have known that at this point. It was one to two weeks in this case, which was obviously because of their special situation. Removing their status from the equation and considering the value of the items and admittance of guilt and being first offenders and every other factor, they were probably looking at about like six months.

The ten years crap was part Trump and part lazy reporting. Ten years is a maximum penalty for thefts without any other considerations. 

Quibbling.

Regardless of their term of punishment, these three should have remained in China to answer for their crimes and Ball's father remains an ignorant ingrate. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

49 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yes, Trump is the master of distraction.

Apparently we have thousands of reporters and media analysts incapable of remaining focused on the serious issues of state, instead they are constantly led astray into the land of Reality TV by a modern day P.T. Barnum.

media sucks.  They helped him get elected and still haven't learned how to cover him.  Sad really.   They still go for ratings above everything.   They don't even both holding this Admin to the fire....more content giggling with glee when it shits on this country to run back and print about it for some clicks.   

But Trump is unique and so are the Russian playbook tactics they are now facing....they will get there IMO.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

No one is caping for him unless I missed it. I have seen posters defending Trump saying that he should have gone further with his stupidity and left them in China for 10 years (not accurate reporting  but the sentiment is there)

This black guy didn't kiss my rich white ass so i should have left some American citizens in a Chinese jail. Classy.

Presidents have always had a duty to negotiate the release of overseas prisoners.

Entitled? Man, they made a mistake and it’s the presidents job to try and help the citizens of his country.

The President is not responsible for bailing out shoplifters/petty thieves. It would be one thing if it were political dissidents, reporters, or humanitarians, not privileged college basketball players.

And to your point about the punishment:

Shoplifting in China carries a minimum sentence of three years in prison and a maximum sentence of a decade, according to the Criminal Law of the People’s Republic of China.

http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/ce/cgvienna/eng/dbtyw/jdwt/crimelaw/t209043.htm

They shoplifted from 3 separate high-end stores of merchandise worth an unknown amount so we don't know whether it would be 3 or 10 years.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

The President is not responsible for bailing out shoplifters/petty thieves. It would be one thing if it were political dissidents, reporters, or humanitarians, not privileged college basketball players.

They shoplifted from 3 separate high-end stores of merchandise worth an unknown amount so we don't know whether it would be 3 or 10 years.

It would have been better if they had accidentally crossed into China and  President quickly got them out...

4 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Be the type that’s on Facebook announcing to the world you just gave a few dollars to a homeless man, and waiting for those likes.

I don't tweet, snapchat, do facebook, or any of that cool modern instant narcissistic look at me and my life nonsense.  I also do not announce what I give to charity for the accolades from turds on internet message boards .  Now get the f uck off my lawn punk.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Why? Those kids thanked him. 

You had to quote my post twice ?  Could you not fit your response into one cogent response ?

35 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

from wapo:

someone who takes goods worth between 1,000 yuan ($150) and 2,500 yuan ($380), for example, could face a maximum sentence of six months, but might escape with only a fine. Stealing anything worth more than that would be punished with jail time. Someone convicted of stealing goods worth between 7,000 ($1,050) and 10,000 yuan ($1,510) would face between two and three years in jail under Chinese law. Theft of something worth 2,500 yuan to 4,000 yuan could result in a sentence of 6 months to one year and 4,000 yuan to 7,000 yuan, one to two years.

true that we don't know or I can't find what they stole exactly, but the 10 years estimate is the max offense that this almost certainly wasn't close to being.

e- your average pair of LV's are $4-800 USD. but that's not enough info

Edited by SZ James (banned)
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, SZ James (banned) said:

from wapo:

true that we don't know or I can't find what they stole exactly, but the 10 years estimate is the max offense that this almost certainly wasn't close to being.

The only item I can find that we know they stole was at least one pair of LV Sunglasses, which by a quick browse of their website range from $400-$2000. Then you have the other 2 stores where they supposedly stole merchandise so it's very likely they were spared at least 3 years in a Chinese jail.

But semantics aside, my point here is that the President is under no obligation to help petty thieves in foreign countries and that ultimate responsibility lies with LiAngelo Ball and his two teammates. While it's unprofessional (not exactly a surprise for Trump) to say he should have left them in a Chinese jail, the point remains that these players are exceedingly fortunate to be back in the US.

I think Trump only got them released for an opportunity to stroke his own ego and divert attention from the mess occurring domestically.

I am of the opinion that if you break the law in a foreign country (knowingly or not) you should serve the time, with the caveat that the offense you committed abroad would also be illegal in the US. 

• Pie 1