thebigcat

So this Sunday could be Mr. Richardson's last home game in attendance, does he get a warm sendoff?

The Panthers have been a big part of my life. I am sitting here reflecting, remembering Timmy B, the late Sam Mills, Jeff Beurline, Jake Delhomme. The tragedies in this franchise like Rae Carruth, Fred Lane, Greg Hardy. I think of the men of character this team has had come through (Reggie White, Sam Mills instantly come to mind) then I remember that the epicenter of what I have grown up with and now take my boys to is the Carolina Panthers and that one man's drive/mission brought it here. 

I don't condone the actions if true, I don't give excuses for them if true, regardless of what era Mr. Richardson came up in. You can't give tearful speeches with Danny Morrison draped all over you about condoning domestic violence while running an organization and being a menace to your employees.

But I am sad, I don't think Mr. Richardson is an awful human being just like I don't think Greg Hardy is awful, both made some foolish choices but both rubbed me as genuine people.

I am sad to see a man who built such a great thing for this city and along with the Hornets put this city on the map to now leaving unceremoniously and precipitously. 

Now it hits me that unless we win the division, this will undoubtedly be the last home game Mr. Richardson attends. Is it unreasonable for the Panthers to do a video production sendoff for him, fans to bring signs thanking him for bringing us this franchise or in this day of age do you erase all the good a man has done due to poor choices they have made in parallel?

• Pie 2

Regardless of past settlements and sins, JR by selling the team now is:

1) Controlling the destiny of the organization by finding a person to keep the team in the Carolinas.

2) Trying to keep distractions to a minimum

3) Trying to minimize future damage.

4) Dealing with this in record speed.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

Definitely a mixed bag of emotions. The old bastard put his heart and soul into bringing a team to Charlotte and the Carolinas. I bet the most amount of pain felt in this equation comes from none other than JR himself.

With that being said, there's no room for the type of poo he did in the workplace, if the allegations are true. His legacy will be forever tainted because he was allegedly a creep and a racist. I'm no snowflake, but I have no respect for someone who does that and it certainly devalues the man and the Richardson brand forever. 

• Pie 1

It'll be a mixed reaction...some people are grateful he founded the team, others are grossed out by his pervy actions. I see both sides.

• Pie 1