Just now, Udogg said:

With the great Las Vegas threat gone, Don't see many viable places for a team move.  I can definitely see the power play in the future, but no really at the moment without many viable alternatives. 

I don't know of a place that is better than here. But that doesn't mean owners can't be stupid while they're being greedy.

• Poo 1

Yeah what are they going to do, become the Chattanooga Panthers? Akron Panthers? Sacramento or Bakersfield?

59 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The new owner will almost assuredly, no matter how ridiculous it is, demand a new stadium be built. I think the state/local governments will balk at the cost so unless a tether is in place the team will be in St. Louis or some place else. I base this guess largely on the fact that even potential local ownership (Smith or Sabates) want a new stadium in place they can call their own. Team owners in the recent past have tended to look at team purchases as the best opportunity for an early cash-grab by demanding a new stadium built to their specifications. I'd be shocked if the situation didn't in some way mirror what we went through with the arena situation in 2001.

Hum I said the same thing and was labeled a tin foil hat guy. I believe the team will demand a new stadium but lets see what the city and/or state(s) will do.

Just now, philit99 said:

Hum I said the same thing and was labeled a tin foil hat guy. I believe the team will demand a new stadium but lets see what the city and/or state(s) will do.

Many people on the Huddle are afraid of it being true, so they insult/passively-aggressively belittle people as some sort of misguided defense mechanism

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

49 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

"or some place else"

Sorry.  Mexico City ? London ? Buggtussle Tenn? The NFL is not leaving the Carolinas. 

14 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Yeah what are they going to do, become the Chattanooga Panthers? Akron Panthers? Sacramento or Bakersfield?

Portland
Oklahoma City
St. Louis (remember, it's not about history but about who has the money to buy the team)
San Diego
London (unlikely but possible)
Toronto (unlikely but possible)

• Poo 1

17 minutes ago, !stUp said:

Sorry.  Mexico City ? London ? Buggtussle Tenn? The NFL is not leaving the Carolinas. 

I'm nowhere near as convinced as you, but it ultimately comes down to that owner, the local/state governments, the NFL (Jerry Jones) and JR.

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Portland
Oklahoma City
St. Louis (remember, it's not about history but about who has the money to buy the team)
San Diego

Charlotte/Carolinas is a better fit financially compared to any of those cities other than London and maybe Toronto. San Diego isn't going to get a new stadium LOL, St Louis is not going to help any buyers...there is just no slam dunk place to go and the NFL is in a bit of a contraction if you haven't noticed. The Panthers are not moving, and a new stadium is at least 10 years away - the only viable alternative is to build one out in the suburbs, maybe where the old Knights stadium used to be not far from my house, now that would be nice LOL

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Portland
Oklahoma City
San Diego

What happens if Khan decides to relocate Jags and Panthers become the only candidate for Jacksonville, Florida.

I've often said the NFC South is the nicest place to watch games, in terms of fan hospitality.

This is not a bad reputation to have.  

Since I'm not in Charlotte, all my in-person games are technically road games. I've never had an issue from other fans when attending a game in Tampa, NO, or ATL.  

Please, let's not turn BoA into that pit that the Eagles call home.

3 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Charlotte/Carolinas is a better fit financially compared to any of those cities other than London and maybe Toronto. San Diego isn't going to get a new stadium LOL, St Louis is not going to help any buyers...there is just no slam dunk place to go and the NFL is in a bit of a contraction if you haven't noticed. The Panthers are not moving, and a new stadium is at least 10 years away - the only viable alternative is to build one out in the suburbs, maybe where the old Knights stadium used to be not far from my house, now that would be nice LOL

I could see an owner picking either there or somewhere near Carowinds (which was an original land choice)