• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just now, philit99 said:

Hum I said the same thing and was labeled a tin foil hat guy. I believe the team will demand a new stadium but lets see what the city and/or state(s) will do.

Many people on the Huddle are afraid of it being true, so they insult/passively-aggressively belittle people as some sort of misguided defense mechanism

49 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

"or some place else"

Sorry.  Mexico City ? London ? Buggtussle Tenn? The NFL is not leaving the Carolinas. 

14 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Yeah what are they going to do, become the Chattanooga Panthers? Akron Panthers? Sacramento or Bakersfield?

Portland
Oklahoma City
St. Louis (remember, it's not about history but about who has the money to buy the team)
San Diego
London (unlikely but possible)
Toronto (unlikely but possible)

17 minutes ago, !stUp said:

Sorry.  Mexico City ? London ? Buggtussle Tenn? The NFL is not leaving the Carolinas. 

I'm nowhere near as convinced as you, but it ultimately comes down to that owner, the local/state governments, the NFL (Jerry Jones) and JR.

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Portland
Oklahoma City
St. Louis (remember, it's not about history but about who has the money to buy the team)
San Diego

Charlotte/Carolinas is a better fit financially compared to any of those cities other than London and maybe Toronto. San Diego isn't going to get a new stadium LOL, St Louis is not going to help any buyers...there is just no slam dunk place to go and the NFL is in a bit of a contraction if you haven't noticed. The Panthers are not moving, and a new stadium is at least 10 years away - the only viable alternative is to build one out in the suburbs, maybe where the old Knights stadium used to be not far from my house, now that would be nice LOL

10 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Portland
Oklahoma City
San Diego

What happens if Khan decides to relocate Jags and Panthers become the only candidate for Jacksonville, Florida.

I've often said the NFC South is the nicest place to watch games, in terms of fan hospitality.

This is not a bad reputation to have.  

Since I'm not in Charlotte, all my in-person games are technically road games. I've never had an issue from other fans when attending a game in Tampa, NO, or ATL.  

Please, let's not turn BoA into that pit that the Eagles call home.

3 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

Charlotte/Carolinas is a better fit financially compared to any of those cities other than London and maybe Toronto. San Diego isn't going to get a new stadium LOL, St Louis is not going to help any buyers...there is just no slam dunk place to go and the NFL is in a bit of a contraction if you haven't noticed. The Panthers are not moving, and a new stadium is at least 10 years away - the only viable alternative is to build one out in the suburbs, maybe where the old Knights stadium used to be not far from my house, now that would be nice LOL

I could see an owner picking either there or somewhere near Carowinds (which was an original land choice)

4 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

The NFL is in no bit of a contraction, but they are definitely looking like they've bubbled and are slowly, slowly leaking. They're still the No. 1 show though and people need to take that into consideration when this thread gets bumped a few months from now and we're discussing this in further detail

The league has already made clear that they don't want the Panthers moving out of the Carolinas.

Moves require league approval and have to meet certain criteria that there's likely no way the Panthers could meet.

Across the border to South Carolina maybe, though nowhere farther than there and even that's highly unlikely.

The team isn't leaving the Carolinas.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The league has already made clear that they don't want the Panthers moving out of the Carolinas.

Moves require league approval and have to meet certain criteria that there's likely no way the Panthers could meet.

Across the border to South Carolina maybe, though nowhere farther than there and even that's highly unlikely.

The team isn't leaving the Carolinas.

Said it before and will say it again- anyone who believes new ownership won't be looking for, at the very minimum, a new stadium is burying their head in the sand.

What "the league (translate: Roger Goodell) has made clear" and what 24 of 32 owners vote for are 2 completely different things.

Even if Columbia, SC stepped up with a stadium deal, moving from Charlotte to Columbia would be tantamount to moving to the west coast, as far as some NC faithful are concerned. 

Can anyone tell me the last time an NFL franchise changed ownership and didn't look for a new stadium deal and/or move?

2 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Yeah what are they going to do, become the Chattanooga Panthers? Akron Panthers? Sacramento or Bakersfield?

Welcome to the Central North Carolina Panthers, aka Kernersville Panthers.  :)

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Said it before and will say it again- anyone who believes new ownership won't be looking for, at the very minimum, a new stadium is burying their head in the sand.

What "the league (translate: Roger Goodell) has made clear" and what 24 of 32 owners vote for are 2 completely different things.

Even if Columbia, SC stepped up with a stadium deal, moving from Charlotte to Columbia would be tantamount to moving to the west coast, as far as some NC faithful are concerned. 

Can anyone tell me the last time an NFL franchise changed ownership and didn't look for a new stadium deal and/or move?

Buffalo.

Jacksonville.

Cleveland.

I mean really, if the Jaguars can stay in Jacksonville, I have no doubt the Panthers can stay in the Carolinas.

3 hours ago, mc52beast said:

I will be surprised if the Panthers are still in Charlotte 5 years from now. New ownership will be looking at a 20+ year old stadium and more than likely will want a new one. Couldn’t blame the people living there for refusing to pay for it.

It doesn’t matter what the people want, only what the BLM city council decides