• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

21 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Good luck filling a stadium if you used PSLs again to fund it. If it was publicly funded then that would work except the string of sell outs would end with the first game. Ticket prices are going to skyrocket to fund a billion dollars of debt that the current owners don't have on the books

Maybe if we weren't guaranteed sellouts we'd work harder to build a consistent winner instead of treating the team like a family.

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Which is why I only sell my tickets to Panther fans

Where you been all year, bro? I don't remember seeing you once. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe if we weren't guaranteed sellouts we'd work harder to build a consistent winner instead of treating the team like a family.

There is that. But it can't be easy or teams like Tampa or Miami would be working harder and they don't appear to be.

4 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

what's a BLM city council?

The new one the city dwellers in Charlotte voted in

I know that Charlotte voters vote for City Council, believe it or not.

What's a BLM city council?

14 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The owner can do only so much.  Fans that have season tickets and they sell them to whoever offers the most money.   Usually end up selling to the opposing team players.

I don't have season tickets so when i go to games I buy them online.  Of all the games I have been to the 2010 Cowboy game was by far the most expensive.  When the Cowboys are in town those fans that own those seats sell them and get double or more for those tickets.

I just wish they would sell them to Panther Fans.  That will never ever happen.

Sounds great but Panthers fans don't want to pay even face value

its not like the Panthers give me a discount for mine

15 hours ago, Lumps said:

It's not just opposing fans. The owners need to attract people to the stadium. They can do this a million different ways. After just getting back from the ATL game it's amazing how different other stadium envrioments are. Even the cheerleaders were so much more impressive.  10% of the stadium was Panther fans, the rest Falcons, who 90% stayed until the end of the game on a FREEZING night in ATL.

Our gametime home field environment here is Charlotte is severely outdated and lacking. It's no wonder it gets taken over.

Lol seeing games in the old GA Dome was a joke. Those fans are garbage.

Panther games are better, but the new stadium in Atlanta has changed their environment for sure.

maybe a new stadium eventually wouldn't be the worst, just hope it would stay downtown.

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Then they have to go through the league process, which isn't so easy.  Again, there are criteria to be met, and the league has stated they don't want the Panthers moving.

But as was discussed in a prior thread, there is an investor who's exploring an effort to build a stadium just across the border in the Carowinds area or the site of the old Knights Stadium. That would satisfy the NFL by keeping it in the same market.

So if Charlotte says no, someone else local may just say yes.

This is where you're incorrect. Team ownership does not need any league or other approval to demand/ask for a new stadium. Only when a team wants to relocate does the league then become involved. If the Panthers wanted to build a new stadium next to UNCC, for example, the league doesn't have any authority in a deal between the ownership and the municipality.

You should read this article on how the deals are getting done in Los Angeles...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-costs-20150506-story.html

21 hours ago, !stUp said:

St Louis has lost two NFL teams.  It's not happening. 

so has Los Angeles..

The owners are not clamoring for another team in St Louis. LA was so desirable to them they had 3 teams fighting for 2 spots (really one LOL)

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

This is where you're incorrect. Team ownership does not need any league or other approval to demand/ask for a new stadium. Only when a team wants to relocate does the league then become involved. If the Panthers wanted to build a new stadium next to UNCC, for example, the league doesn't have any authority in a deal between the ownership and the municipality.

You should read this article on how the deals are getting done in Los Angeles...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-costs-20150506-story.html

To demand a new stadium, no.

To move the team to a new city, yes. And I'm pretty sure at least 20 of 31 owners have to approve.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To demand a new stadium, no.

To move the team to a new city, yes. And I'm pretty sure at least 20 of 31 owners have to approve.

24 of 32 owners must approve relocation.

And should the owners not have their demand/request for a new stadium met, that's when the league gets involved. In the case of the Rams original move to St. Louis years ago, the Raiders back & forth from Oakland to LA and the Chargers leaving San Diego- all were the result of not getting a new stadium deal.

When a new stadium deal falls apart, the teams then start looking for a new stadium suitor, terminate their lease on the existing building and then go to the league and say, "We need to move."

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

24 of 32 owners must approve relocation.

And should the owners not have their demand/request for a new stadium met, that's when the league gets involved. In the case of the Rams original move to St. Louis years ago, the Raiders back & forth from Oakland to LA and the Chargers leaving San Diego- all were the result of not getting a new stadium deal.

When a new stadium deal falls apart, the teams then start looking for a new stadium suitor, terminate their lease on the existing building and then go to the league and say, "We need to move."

The league as already stated, on the record, if they do not want the Panthers to move.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rahamjango7

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts