• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Anybodyhome

Another School Shooting- Let's Review Latest Gun Legislation

Introduced in House (01/03/2017)

ConcealedCarryReciprocityAct of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carryconcealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealedcarry permit issued by any state or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in his or her state of residence.

Additionally, the bill specifies that a qualified individual who lawfully carries or possesses a concealed handgun in another state: (1) is not subject to the federal prohibition on possessing a firearm in a school zone, and (2) may carry or possess the concealed handgun in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this has passed the House. It basically allows Joe Smith, a resident of Arizona; one of the easiest states in the country to buy, carry and otherwise possess a firearm; to carry his concealed weapon into any state he wishes as long as his Arizona permit is valid.

Let's remember that there is no national data base of firearm permits in this country; there is no national data base of purchased, registered or reported stolen handguns in this country. So, while Joe Smith may have had to do nothing more than sign his name to get a CCW permit in Arizona, he'd be completely okay to carry said weapon around Times Square on New Years Eve, in the state of New York, home of some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Keep on winning, Congress!

Because if Joe Smith was planning on getting a handgun and going to NYC to shoot a bunch of people, he'd totally want to make sure that it would be lawful to conceal said handgun.

• Pie 2

Trump sent his thoughts and prayers, that's enough tbh. on to the next one.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Trump sent his thoughts and prayers, that's enough tbh. on to the next one.

shooter's last name is cruz so i expect more than just some thoughts and prayers on this one

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

Said this in the other thread (well not in such pointed terms but it is what it is)...

Anyone opposed to gun reform at this point is simply a soulless fug that has no regard for human life, learned nothing from Ruby Ridge, and thinks they are descended from John Rambo.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

NRA member response:  NO!

That's all they have to do.  

2 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Said this in the other thread (well not in such pointed terms but it is what it is)...

Anyone opposed to gun reform at this point is simply a soulless fug that has no regard for human life, learned nothing from Ruby Ridge, and thinks they are descended from John Rambo.

gun reform will solve nothing. it's too late. this is just the country we live in, forever.

when you found a country on the very principal of murdering people, you're going to have murder.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

gun reform will solve nothing. it's too late. this is just the country we live in, forever.

when you found a country on the very principal of murdering people, you're going to have murder.

But its not.

There is reform that can reduce the number of firearms on our streets and not substantially reduce or impact the rights of our citizenry to provide for their families and entertain their hobbies.

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

You can move, like all those celebrities that said they were gonna move if Trump won.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, donttreadonme said:

You can move, like all those celebrities that said they were gonna move if Trump won.

why would i move? i'm with you, i'm fine with the murders.

Just now, Inimicus said:

But its not.

There is reform that can reduce the number of firearms on our streets and not substantially reduce or impact the rights of our citizenry to provide for their families and entertain their hobbies.

you want to ban all guns.

there see i just made your whole point defunct with one simple lie, and more people will believe my lie than believe you, because they want to. america is overwhelmingly full of bad people. it's not going to change, shootings are not going to stop, gun control won't happen.

• Pie 4

37 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

Because if Joe Smith was planning on getting a handgun and going to NYC to shoot a bunch of people, he'd totally want to make sure that it would be lawful to conceal said handgun.

Agree.  I think sensible legislation that can take guns off the street would be good.  It’s a lot easier said than done but it’s a topic where people automatically jump to extremes. Sad to say

25 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

shooter's last name is cruz so i expect more than just some thoughts and prayers on this one

i think he'll be quiet after all.

nice hat

W5TKiGZ.png

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, rodeo said:

agreed. i don't even feel anything when i see these things now. no gut reaction, nothing.

i don't believe anything will change meaningfully for decades, if ever

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1