Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Anybodyhome

Another School Shooting- Let's Review Latest Gun Legislation

Recommended Posts

Introduced in House (01/03/2017)

ConcealedCarryReciprocityAct of 2017

This bill amends the federal criminal code to allow a qualified individual to carry a concealed handgun into or possess a concealed handgun in another state that allows individuals to carryconcealed firearms.

A qualified individual must: (1) be eligible to possess, transport, or receive a firearm under federal law; (2) carry a valid photo identification document; and (3) carry a valid concealedcarry permit issued by any state or be eligible to carry a concealed firearm in his or her state of residence.

Additionally, the bill specifies that a qualified individual who lawfully carries or possesses a concealed handgun in another state: (1) is not subject to the federal prohibition on possessing a firearm in a school zone, and (2) may carry or possess the concealed handgun in federally owned lands that are open to the public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this has passed the House. It basically allows Joe Smith, a resident of Arizona; one of the easiest states in the country to buy, carry and otherwise possess a firearm; to carry his concealed weapon into any state he wishes as long as his Arizona permit is valid.

Let's remember that there is no national data base of firearm permits in this country; there is no national data base of purchased, registered or reported stolen handguns in this country. So, while Joe Smith may have had to do nothing more than sign his name to get a CCW permit in Arizona, he'd be completely okay to carry said weapon around Times Square on New Years Eve, in the state of New York, home of some of the strictest gun laws in the country.

Keep on winning, Congress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Because if Joe Smith was planning on getting a handgun and going to NYC to shoot a bunch of people, he'd totally want to make sure that it would be lawful to conceal said handgun.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump sent his thoughts and prayers, that's enough tbh. on to the next one.

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Trump sent his thoughts and prayers, that's enough tbh. on to the next one.

shooter's last name is cruz so i expect more than just some thoughts and prayers on this one

  • Pie 3
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said this in the other thread (well not in such pointed terms but it is what it is)...

 

Anyone opposed to gun reform at this point is simply a soulless fug that has no regard for human life, learned nothing from Ruby Ridge, and thinks they are descended from John Rambo.

 

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NRA member response:  NO!

 

That's all they have to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Said this in the other thread (well not in such pointed terms but it is what it is)...

 

Anyone opposed to gun reform at this point is simply a soulless fug that has no regard for human life, learned nothing from Ruby Ridge, and thinks they are descended from John Rambo.

 

gun reform will solve nothing. it's too late. this is just the country we live in, forever.

when you found a country on the very principal of murdering people, you're going to have murder.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rodeo said:

gun reform will solve nothing. it's too late. this is just the country we live in, forever.

when you found a country on the very principal of murdering people, you're going to have murder.

But its not.

There is reform that can reduce the number of firearms on our streets and not substantially reduce or impact the rights of our citizenry to provide for their families and entertain their hobbies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

gun reform will solve nothing. it's too late. this is just the country we live in, forever.

when you found a country on the very principal of murdering people, you're going to have murder.

You can move, like all those celebrities that said they were gonna move if Trump won.

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, donttreadonme said:

You can move, like all those celebrities that said they were gonna move if Trump won.

why would i move? i'm with you, i'm fine with the murders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inimicus said:

But its not.

There is reform that can reduce the number of firearms on our streets and not substantially reduce or impact the rights of our citizenry to provide for their families and entertain their hobbies.

 

you want to ban all guns.

there see i just made your whole point defunct with one simple lie, and more people will believe my lie than believe you, because they want to. america is overwhelmingly full of bad people. it's not going to change, shootings are not going to stop, gun control won't happen.

 

  • Pie 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, donttreadonme said:

Because if Joe Smith was planning on getting a handgun and going to NYC to shoot a bunch of people, he'd totally want to make sure that it would be lawful to conceal said handgun.

Agree.  I think sensible legislation that can take guns off the street would be good.  It’s a lot easier said than done but it’s a topic where people automatically jump to extremes. Sad to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

shooter's last name is cruz so i expect more than just some thoughts and prayers on this one

i think he'll be quiet after all.

nice hat

W5TKiGZ.png

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rodeo said:

gun reform will solve nothing. it's too late. this is just the country we live in, forever.

when you found a country on the very principal of murdering people, you're going to have murder.

agreed. i don't even feel anything when i see these things now. no gut reaction, nothing.

i don't believe anything will change meaningfully for decades, if ever

  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,331
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Cobra
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      140,780
    • Total Posts
      4,484,181
×