TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers heavily interested in the free agent QB market

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What if they do both?  Sign a veteran backup other than Anderson and draft a youngster?

And that certainly could happen and it would be my preference but from Rivera's comments at the combine it seems as though he wants DA back and the Panthers will try to address the third string QB position with a draft pick or a young free agent QB (i.e. Bridgewater).

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And that certainly could happen and it would be my preference but from Rivera's comments at the combine it seems as though he wants DA back and the Panthers will try to address the third string QB position with a draft pick or a young free agent QB (i.e. Bridgewater).

Reading between the lines, I think they want Anderson back at a lower salary, and Anderson might balk.

That's all speculation, of course.

I'm actually not opposed to bringing Matt Moore back.  He's better than Anderson.  

Not a fan of the QB market but hopefully whoever the fug we pick up won't have to step on the field.  

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The DoC

The Den of Cucks? Don't like it there.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Reading between the lines, I think they want Anderson back at a lower salary, and Anderson might balk.

That's all speculation, of course.

I mean the guy was essentially an extension of Dorsey last year. Outside of that, he didn't provide much.

Pay him like a QB coach or let him walk ($1.5 mil, which is what was fully guaranteed in his last contract).

14 minutes ago, Cam El said:

I'd like Tyrod but maybe he gets a chance to start somewhere? 

I think the best he could do would be to go somewhere that might give him an opportunity to compete for a starting job. I don't think anyone is signing him to hand their starting job to him. I'd love to have him as our backup, but I'm not sure what his market value will be. I hope we don't spend a ton of money on a backup QB but Nick Foles definitely showed the value of a quality backup QB this season.

Been saying for a while that E.J. Manuel would be a perfect backup to Cam. Not sure I'd want Bridgewater even as a backup. One of the things you want most in your backup QB is a sense of security knowing he'll be at least functional if called on to play. Who knows what Bridgewater is going to be after that severe an injury.

Kaepernick is available (and I am serious).