Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

top dawg

Updated 7/27: Hip-Hop purveyors, here's 2 songs. What you think?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Anyways, it’s been a week and no response from Drake, although James Prince says Drake had a response, it just would’ve ended Kanye’s career *shrugs*. I don’t know. Anyways, thoughts? @MechaZain @top dawg @Cookie Lyon @panther4life @Bronn @bLACKpANTHER @rodeo @GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER I know I’m missing some folks, but anyone can state their opinion.

You pretty much covered it all..

It is an obvious, hands down W for Push.. but he lost style-points for goin after the family stuff.. keep it on wax and lay off the kid.. it really reminds me of when Jay got ether'd and then put out Super Ugly.. that was a real low blow too.. Jay lost his cool, collected composure and started swinging crazy instead of boxing..

we'll have to wait n see.. J. Prince making his voice known is huge though.. dun cross the Don..

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Bronn

 

tbqh I can't say that I've followed it much.

I have never really cared for Drake. The only cool thing I think he's done is bring The Weeknd up. To me, he has always been a fake and trying too hard.

It is kinda the same with Pusha T, although he's obviously more authentic. He's always sounded too similar to Jadakiss for me, but I mean he's put out some decent stuff.

As far as this beef goes, as does any beef, I honestly think it is more promotional tactic than anything. It is more of a "any press is good press" kind of thing to me.

Not to sound like a music snob, but both are a little too mainstream for me tbqh.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hip hop is different now and beef poo is played out to me. I agree if you had to pick a winner its clearly Pusha from a lyrical and exposure standpoint. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

You pretty much covered it all..

It is an obvious, hands down W for Push.. but he lost style-points for goin after the family stuff.. keep it on wax and lay off the kid.. it really reminds me of when Jay got ether'd and then put out Super Ugly.. that was a real low blow too.. Jay lost his cool, collected composure and started swinging crazy instead of boxing..

we'll have to wait n see.. J. Prince making his voice known is huge though.. dun cross the Don..

I was watching Pusha’s interview he had with Big Boy in the Morning, and apparently Drake mentioning his fiancé triggered him to go all out and nobody was off limits. I agree he should’ve left the kid alone, and him poking at 40’s MS was distasteful, but all I keep going back to in my mind is 2pac constantly going at Prodigy for his sickle cell anemia. 

I don’t like Drake, and that black face crap was a no no, but I do feel for him a bit. It’s clear he has identity issues. Honestly, if Pusha would’ve stayed on that subject without involving everyone else, he still would’ve came out on top. That line about his hair not napping was cold to me.

And yea, I’d be careful of J Prince. He’s someone you don’t want to piss off.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because everyone likes a good old fashioned diss track, I'd love to hear Drake's response. I can understand him not coming back though. Pusha is no where near Drake's level as far as popularity, radio play, "album" sales and touring. Pusha has all the incentive in the world to go at Drake. What does Drake stand to gain? Not much besides credit among a segment of more in-the-know rap fans. Your average casual radio listener probably doesn't even know who Pusha-T is. It's like Jay-z said, "if I shoot you I'm brainless, but if you shoot me your famous".

Edited by Cary Kollins
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't think Drake wants that smoke. Pusha got more ammo if Drake wanna go at it. 

As for the beef, Drake did ratchet it up quite a bit, and maybe he would've come out ahead if he had kept Pusha's girl out of his mouth, but he didn't. He opened the door a little bit, and Pusha responded by kicking it the rest of the way and landed a few low blows. Drake came to box at an MMA match, unbeknownst to him. He gave a good shot, but Pusha took it and gave as good as he got plus some. Now my son---HUGE Drake fan---will tell you that Pusha called Drake a deadbeat dad but used an example of Drake paying homage to his son with the shoes. My son said that Pusha didn't make any sense. He also said that Pusha took Drake's blackface stunt to bring awareness to how black actors were being treated out of context, which, again, made no sense. I told him that there are different level's to being a deadbeat dad, and that using blackface by a black person is not necessarily the best way to bring awareness. I also said that sometimes it's about perception, and that Pusha won the battle of public perception hands down. My son said just await Drake's response because he already warned Pusha, so it's coming.  He said Pusha is bluffing about having more ammo. I told him that Drake better leave Pusha alone because Pusha probably does know some things and is willing to "go there" if need be. I don't think it will necessarily hurt either one in the grand scheme of things (with or without an escalation).

 

On an off note, I think that Drake has more bars than many give him credit for.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2018 at 7:03 AM, top dawg said:

I just don't think Drake wants that smoke. Pusha got more ammo if Drake wanna go at it. 

As for the beef, Drake did ratchet it up quite a bit, and maybe he would've come out ahead if he had kept Pusha's girl out of his mouth, but he didn't. He opened the door a little bit, and Pusha responded by kicking it the rest of the way and landed a few low blows. Drake came to box at an MMA match, unbeknownst to him. He gave a good shot, but Pusha took it and gave as good as he got plus some. Now my son---HUGE Drake fan---will tell you that Pusha called Drake a deadbeat dad but used an example of Drake paying homage to his son with the shoes. My son said that Pusha didn't make any sense. He also said that Pusha took Drake's blackface stunt to bring awareness to how black actors were being treated out of context, which, again, made no sense. I told him that there are different level's to being a deadbeat dad, and that using blackface by a black person is not necessarily the best way to bring awareness. I also said that sometimes it's about perception, and that Pusha won the battle of public perception hands down. My son said just await Drake's response because he already warned Pusha, so it's coming.  He said Pusha is bluffing about having more ammo. I told him that Drake better leave Pusha alone because Pusha probably does know some things and is willing to "go there" if need be. I don't think it will necessarily hurt either one in the grand scheme of things (with or without an escalation).

 

On an off note, I think that Drake has more bars than many give him credit for.

good response.. except i think this already hurt Drake and i think it already elevated Push.. there are a ton of "people" who never heard of Push and now are, at least, aware of him..

on my side note - i really wished this beef stayed within the Ghost-writing argument.. it devolved into messy family stuff.. if it stayed in the Ghost-writing sphere - maybe we could have the conversation more of is Drake really that good or fake or whatever.. an intelligent discussion was there to be had for like 2 days until Adonis dropped.. then the convo went straight to - - - - "OHHHH SHHHH***TTTT!!!!1!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant believe people actually got upset at lines being crossed in a rap beef. no such thing as too far in a rap beef as long as the shots remain in the lyrics and not on the streets.

i also dont think Push mentioning Drake's kid was a shot at the kid, more at Drake for being a deadbeat father, a further insult to Drake considering his father leaving his mother when he was a kid. and on a deeper level tying Drake to contributing to the cycle of fatherlessness in the black community.

J Prince pulled some bullshit excuse out to save his cash cow and Push already got what he wanted out of the beef, more attention for his recently released album and a major win against the most popular name in the game right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I think it goes back to Drake being this actor and not really knowing much of anything about the image he’s trying to portray. Most of us would’ve known not to bring in that man’s or anyone’s woman in a diss song, because most of us know that would open the doors for those were trying to keep out into the fray. He did the same crap with Kobe Bryant, and that “you wasn’t with me in the gym” line. Luckily, for him, Bean isn’t a rapper or cares about that man like that. This will humble him, hopefully, and remind him to stay in his lane. Stick to making love ballads and simp anthems, while leaving the tough guy image to the real tough guys or those who can play it better than him. He got comfortable because he was affiliated with some real, thorough cats in Houston and Memphis, but it’s only so long you can throw rocks and not be tried. You keep throwing bullets, and eventually someone will shoot back.

Only thing I had issue with is going at 40. That was distasteful. Everything else was fair game to me. Shouldn’t have brought up Pusha’s woman. I won’t speak on J Prince. Don’t want him to get my IP address and track me down. Lol & :omg:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah the actor thing is what it always comes back to for me with drake. when i watch him in any video or see him around other rappers whether it's on stage or in a candid moment, to me it looks like he's acting the way he views them acting. he's like a mimic. i bet you anything that guy would have a southern accent 3 days after visiting his dad in memphis.

it's almost like an uncanny valley thing. like he's CGI. something is just a little off about him to me, with his personality.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drake’s been acting ever since he came in the game. Those who followed his music early in his career knew/knows he modeled everything he did/does after Phonte of North Carolina rap duo, Little Brother. He’s a famous Phonte.

 

Edited by AggieLean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Drake’s been acting ever since he came in the game. Those who followed his music early in his career knew/knows he modeled everything he did/does after Phonte of North Carolina rap duo, Little Brother. He’s a famous Phonte.

 

I can't blame him. LB was one of the best things out there when they were still doing it. I wish they had never broken up. The Minstrel Show is still in my top 10 albums of all time and most people even like The Listening more. Both albums were so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dislike Drake, but he makes some bangers. This joint off his new album had the Mrs moving on me at the club this past weekend lol. 

FCD21A91-1A1F-4010-88D6-B13657093630.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,475
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Otterscrubbers
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      142,304
    • Total Posts
      4,551,343
×