Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reality Check For Dookies!

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ha !!!

Posted · Report post

This is why Tweeder is the only cogent UNC fan on this site.

Posted · Report post

Dear Dookies and Supporters,

If you think your beloved coach is going to make any adjustments to improve after this game, then you're dead wrong! this isn't the first time this squad has lost like this (see last year post season loss). meaning, no interior play and bad shooting = automatic loss for the dookies against legit teams. dookies can't pound the rock inside and that's going to cost them in the ACC. Especially against teams that can body them up inside: see- UNC, Clemson, Wake, Miami... they lack the athleticism, size and skill to match up with the big boys (no one will criticize their effort- they'd probably kill themselves if coach k told them too).

in the end... they probably need to take the ball OUT of scheyer hands (who said this guy should take more shots than gerald henderson?) and let henderson and nolan smith take all the shots. everyone else on this team blows.

Posted · Report post

Michigan beats Duke, Ohio St. beats Notre Dame, Illinois thwacks Georgia, heck Indiana stayed within 20 of Gonzaga .... good day for the Big 10 all-around.

Posted · Report post

caveat- the UNC v. dook game will still be close. i never underestimate the dookies when it comes to the rivalry. hopefully everyone stays healthy until then and i'll eat crow if they beat us.

Posted · Report post

Uh, Henderson was on the bench for most of the game due to early foul trouble.

Repeat my previous post. I wish you guys had half the class he does. And I think he smells like sausage and he can't even speak English so that's not saying much.

Posted · Report post

hey man, it's just a little trash talk. your side would be rubbing it in if it was the other way around. keep yar chin up buddy, it's a long season and this was a early loss.

the fact that dook losing was the bright spot in my day is actually sad and i recognize that... so if i go a little overboard feel free to ignore.

Posted · Report post

Dear Dookies and Supporters,

If you think your beloved coach is going to make any adjustments to improve after this game, then you're dead wrong! this isn't the first time this squad has lost like this (see last year post season loss). meaning, no interior play and bad shooting = automatic loss for the dookies against legit teams. dookies can't pound the rock inside and that's going to cost them in the ACC. Especially against teams that can body them up inside: see- UNC, Clemson, Wake, Miami... they lack the athleticism, size and skill to match up with the big boys (no one will criticize their effort- they'd probably kill themselves if coach k told them too).

in the end... they probably need to take the ball OUT of scheyer hands (who said this guy should take more shots than gerald henderson?) and let henderson and nolan smith take all the shots. everyone else on this team blows.

Quite simply, you are the most ignorant basketball fan that I have seen post on this board.

Coach K isn't going to make any adjustments? You're probably right. It's obvious from your post that you know more about basketball than him, so maybe you should email him and give him some pointers!

"they lack the athleticism, size and skill to match up with the big boys"...Really? Gerald Henderson might be the best athlete in the country. Singler is one of the most skilled players in the country. And hang with the big boys? Is that serious? Regular season losses in college basketball mean nothing, and most of the time make teams better in the long run. Hang with the big boys...haha...what a joke.

Finally, why would you take the ball out of Scheyer's hands? He is easily Duke's steadiest player, shoots 90% from the free throw line, and makes good decisions under pressure.

ANYWAY, Duke lost tonight because Gerald Henderson was a no show and they settled for too many threes. They have to start their offense from the inside out, and they were far from it tongiht. Coach K is so dumb so he probably won't be able to figure that out on his own, so please help him if you don't mind!!

Posted · Report post

Quite simply, you are the most ignorant basketball fan that I have seen post on this board.

Coach K isn't going to make any adjustments? You're probably right. It's obvious from your post that you know more about basketball than him, so maybe you should email him and give him some pointers!

"they lack the athleticism, size and skill to match up with the big boys"...Really? Gerald Henderson might be the best athlete in the country. Singler is one of the most skilled players in the country. And hang with the big boys? Is that serious? Regular season losses in college basketball mean nothing, and most of the time make teams better in the long run. Hang with the big boys...haha...what a joke.

Finally, why would you take the ball out of Scheyer's hands? He is easily Duke's steadiest player, shoots 90% from the free throw line, and makes good decisions under pressure.

ANYWAY, Duke lost tonight because Gerald Henderson was a no show and they settled for too many threes. They have to start their offense from the inside out, and they were far from it tongiht. Coach K is so dumb so he probably won't be able to figure that out on his own, so please help him if you don't mind!!

haha it's okay.... you guys will bounce back... you'll feel better tomorrow! I do agree though that Scheyer is not the problem, but you live and die by the 3 and tonight it bit you in the ass.

Posted · Report post

I didn't see the game, but this was a tough spot for the dookies...Playing a team you just beat at their place is sometimes a recipe for disaster...OTOH, dook still seems to rely on that three ball just a smidge too much...It's been a problem for them for a long time.

Posted · Report post

Duke was way to reliant on the three tonight, but that's not how they've played up to this point. Michigan's defense got Duke to do exactly what they wanted, pass around the perimeter and then chuck one up at the end of the shot clock. Gotta just penetrate more. Duke will be just fine.