#31 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

We can start with Michigan....

Michigan has two losses, Duke has one. Duke beat Michigan on a neutral court, while Michigan beat Duke at home.

Duke should be ranked higher.

I'm not surprised by the loss at all. Duke is a team that generally follows a similar pattern. Each year, Duke will start the season by playing some scrub teams and blow them out...then a scrub team (this year, it was Rhode Island) will take them to the limit in a close game. After that, people will doubt Duke a little bit, and they will manage to blowout a quality opponent (this year, it was Purdue). Then, they lose to a relatively weak team for their first loss of the year.

It happens almost every year.

#32 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

Rankings don't mean much to me right now anyway. If anything, it's kind of a curse to be #1 to start the season because it puts a big fat bulls eye on your back from the get go...especially when the media starts talking about your team going undefeated.

#33 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

We can start with Michigan....

Right.

#34 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:00 AM

Rankings don't mean much to me right now anyway. If anything, it's kind of a curse to be #1 to start the season because it puts a big fat bulls eye on your back from the get go...especially when the media starts talking about your team going undefeated.

I wouldn't even worry about rankings until the NCAA tournament when they seed you. And everyone brings their A game to UNC anyways so it doesn't worry me that much. Plus i still think we split with Duke.

#35 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

Not worried at all. That doesnt mean I think Duke is going to win the National Championship, but a loss at Michigan after you beat that team only a week and a half ago is not the end of the world. Ask anyone who has played sports in college, whether its basketball or not, it is not easy to beat the same team twice, esp. within two weeks. With that being said, Duke played right into Michigan's hands and did settle for the OPEN threes they were taking. They didnt fall, it happens. If Duke had actually made 3 or 4 more of the WIDE OPEN looks they were getting, this wouldnt even be a thread. If you have watched any of Duke's previous games this year, you would understand that they do not live and die by the three. This was due to the 1-3-1 D they were facing.

As for the reality check for us Duke fans, thanks CB866. Htar, you might have just been replaced on this board.

#36 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:29 AM

Not worried at all. That doesnt mean I think Duke is going to win the National Championship, but a loss at Michigan after you beat that team only a week and a half ago is not the end of the world. Ask anyone who has played sports in college, whether its basketball or not, it is not easy to beat the same team twice, esp. within two weeks. With that being said, Duke played right into Michigan's hands and did settle for the OPEN threes they were taking. They didnt fall, it happens. If Duke had actually made 3 or 4 more of the WIDE OPEN looks they were getting, this wouldnt even be a thread. If you have watched any of Duke's previous games this year, you would understand that they do not live and die by the three. This was due to the 1-3-1 D they were facing.

As for the reality check for us Duke fans, thanks CB866. Htar, you might have just been replaced on this board.

Haha. Thats pretty hard to do.

#37 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

Darn, I'll have to try harder.

#38 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

Are ya'll really still talking about this????? get a life!

#39 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

Are ya'll really still talking about this????? get a life!

:rofl: i haven't said anything in a while. it's been a slow week college basketball wise.

#40 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

:rofl: i haven't said anything in a while. it's been a slow week college basketball wise.

haha alright it has been a slow week this week so I'll let it slide this time :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com