• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

Since the other thread turned into another Coach K vs. Roy battle I thought I'd start another thread about recruiting.

For those that are interested Scout's most recent rankings include some JUCO kids including Lorenzo Brown who has elevated himself to 5 star status on the back of his 26 point, 14 board, and 12 assist game against Oak Hill last night.

Barnes, Knight, Barton, Sullinger and Thompson are still the top 5 players at their respective positions.

I'm not sure if Rivals updates rankings with JUCOs in the mix but I'd say at this point Barton, Bullock, and Brown are the 3 best SGs in the class.

Edited by unicar15, 22 October 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:09 PM

Coach K is better then Roy.

#3 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

Kyrie Irving to Duke!

Where is Captain Illogical? Sorry, I mean where is HTar?

#4 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:00 PM

Nice pick up for Duke. The Heels will be waiting.

#5 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

>

Posted Image

#6 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

^ hold onto that hope...It's all you dookies have right now. I remember how much better Mcbob was than Hansbrough, Henderson than Ellington....The list is endless really. We all know how that worked out. We also all know that the HEELS > Dook...Not even debatable.

#7 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

Nice pick up for Duke. The Heels will be waiting.

Coach K cannot recruit. Coach K is finished and Duke is on a down slide. Duke cannot get the elite players any more.

Barnes is next.

Edited by love2hateroy, 22 October 2009 - 05:28 PM.

#8 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

We also all know that the HEELS > Dook...Not even debatable.

Duke will be better than Carolina this year.

#9 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Duke will be better than Carolina this year.

I'll take that bet...What's the criteria? Winning the ACC? Most wins? Longevity in the NCAA? Head to head?

You are aware that you still have no proven post player, no proven PG and only 3 guards in the lineup, right? Roy is loaded and will run.

#10 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

What's the criteria? Winning the ACC? Most wins? Longevity in the NCAA? Head to head?

How about all of the above?

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

Sounds good to me...Terms? And are you really that confident? I mean, I'm a homer, but I would never have made a bet like this after the 2005 season - too much unknown...But this Heel team is friggin loaded...Young, definitely...but loaded!

Do you really think Singler and Scheyer are good enough to carry this team that far? Really? Outside of those two, the supporting cast is just not very good or too young to be counted on.

#12 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

how about final rankings at end of season? That might be the most objective way to determine who had the better year.

#13 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:04 PM

First of all, talking about on court performance, I think that Nolan will be the leader of this team. It seriously makes me laugh to think that you like Larry Drew more than either Nolan or Jon. I mean really.

Just so that it can be out for everyone to see, what are your expectations for Carolina this year?

Final rankings are fine. If Duke is higher, I propose that you aren't allowed to post about college basketball on this board for a month.

#14 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:25 PM

The triangle is going to have a sick trio of backcourts. Probably will be #1 #2 and #3 in the country. Will make for some great matchups. I thank the basketball gods that NC State is actually in the conversation as far as elite backcourts go.

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

First of all, talking about on court performance, I think that Nolan will be the leader of this team. It seriously makes me laugh to think that you like Larry Drew more than either Nolan or Jon. I mean really.

Just so that it can be out for everyone to see, what are your expectations for Carolina this year?

Final rankings are fine. If Duke is higher, I propose that you aren't allowed to post about college basketball on this board for a month.

See, I can laugh just as hard at the prospect of Nolan doing jack as he hasn't done squat yet. Scheyer is out of position and wasn't very effective at PG late. Drew did get experience and usually players make the most improvement from year 1 - 2.

I'll take those betting terms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.