Photo
- - - - -

Mac Commercials

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 Pumpkin King

Pumpkin King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:29 AM

I f**king hate their stupid commercials. They don't do anything to advertise what they're selling. All they ever do is bash pc.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,822 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

This is true. They are the most passive aggressive ads ever.

#3 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Seriously, Mac ads must be done by the same people who do political campaigns.

"PC says that Windows 7 is free of problem. Oh really, PC? When Vista came out, PC promised the same thing; THEY LIED! Do you really trust PC now? Here's a B-actor in casual clothes who talks condescendingly towards a man in a business suit. Vote Mac."

#4 Purity-Control

Purity-Control

In A World Of Madness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Hehe, Yeah I was just telling my wife this the other day, Microsoft is doing it now too.

All they do is run commercials bashing each other rather rather then exploring the software/hardware they are selling.

Apple is worse by far.

#5 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:53 PM

The funny thing is, it's made Windows do the same thing with their ads.

#6 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

The funny thing is, it's made Windows do the same thing with their ads.

its sad...id rather watch a commercial about the positives of the product and not the jabbing between the brands.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,709 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

I was thinking the exact samething. The PC dude says that Windows 7 is out and is going to be better that Vista. Then the Mac dude says hmm where have I heard that before. It then goes back to when PC said Vista is better than XP, XP better than ME, etc.

I mean really wtf. Windows 7 has recieved nothing buy positive feedback. And the only thing about Vista is that it needs alot of memory. Thats it. Windows XP is widely considered the best operating system ever. Windows 7 might be even better. And lets be real, ANY Windows operating system was better than ME, so them flashing back to when PC said "XP is going to be better than ME" is complete and utter bullsh*t. Thats saying the best OP ever really wasnt beter than the worst OP ever.

Mac really failed with this latest commercial.

Edited by KillerKat, 27 October 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#8 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

I've always disliked those commercials.

#9 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

All I know is for the last 3 years I've had a Mac and it has never had any problems. When I used a PC growing up with XP, I think it froze like 56 times. I never used Vista much so I have nothing to say about that. And I've heard Windows 7 is great.

Can you imagine if every company did this kind of advertising? I'd have to mute commercials every time.

#10 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

All I know is for the last 3 years I've had a Mac and it has never had any problems. When I used a PC growing up with XP, I think it froze like 56 times. I never used Vista much so I have nothing to say about that. And I've heard Windows 7 is great.

Can you imagine if every company did this kind of advertising? I'd have to mute commercials every time.

Allow me to give you a little preview.

Ahem...

"Pepsi: Hey, Coke.
Coke: Hey, Pepsi. Aren't you excited? Coke Zero Cherry is coming out. It's going to be the best Coke product ever. I promise.
Pepsi: Where Have I heard that before?
*flashback*
Coke (wearing crocs to indicate it's 2006): Hey, Pepsi. Aren't you excited? Coca-Cola Blak is coming out. It's going to be the best Coke product ever. I promise.
*flashback*
Coke: Hey, Pepsi. Aren't you excited? Coca-Cola with Lime is coming out. It's going to be the best Coke product ever. I promise.
*flashback*
Coke: Coca-Cola Vanilla is coming out.
*flashback*
Coke: Coca-Cola with Lemon is coming out.
*flashback*
Coke: New Coke is coming out. It's going to be the best Coke product ever. I promise.

Drink Pepsi."

#11 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Obviously it's working or Apple would stop.

#12 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

buy a mac and you will understand the commercial

"written from my mac book pro" ;)

#13 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

We have two macbook pros and a new mac pro desktop in the house, as well as two Toshiba laptops and my desktop PC rig. Guess which of these had to be taken back to get fixed on more than one occasion?

#14 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

We have two macbook pros and a new mac pro desktop in the house, as well as two Toshiba laptops and my desktop PC rig. Guess which of these had to be taken back to get fixed on more than one occasion?

i would say ; how many damn computers do you need? :D

#15 WildBill559

WildBill559

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

I have enjoyed laughing at them try and battle the Windows 7 hype. It's been out for a week and they've already got multiple commercials bashing it without any facts. All they did was create some fake flashbacks for the last one.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com