#31 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,958 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

As a tot (ok tater tot) I played soccer and was quite good at it until I grew into a football/rugby body

So you must have quit soccer at 8 years of age like me?

#32 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

The idea that someone can say baseball is boring but soccer is exciting, cracks me the fug up.

#33 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

. If you're in Charlotte Jack's is a good spot.

the TVs now have big black smudges on them(not all). Oh, and you have to listen to the Jukebox.
that place cold be so much better if it were managed correctly. They cant seem to even get 5 different football games on 5 tv's within 20 feet of each other in a row.

#34 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,958 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

The idea that someone can say baseball is boring but soccer is exciting, cracks me the fug up.

Yep. Some of the best sporting events I have been to in my life have been MLB games. Game 5 of the 2003 World Series when Alex Gonzalez hit a walk-off homer off Weaver in the 12th to win it for the Marlins is numero uno. It was Roger's "last game" and the atmosphere was amazing. Every pitch means so much in playoff baseball. If you truly love baseball, game 1 of the season means as much as game 162. Great sport. Soccer, not so much IMO.

#35 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

Because they aren't completely different or anything.

#36 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

i gotta say i have an eclectic sports taste. I like a lot of Euro Sports (F1, ProTour Cycling), as well as all the American mainstays.
Soccer wasnt easy. probably because my experience with soccer consisted of being drug to my little bothers games as a kid, and watching the US Team. Watching the world cup last time around was great. Watching the top Premier teams and La Liga teams is good too. Granted, i wont tune in to watch leagues that arent top tier, but at the top level of the sport i can appreciate. I also think there isnt as much diving and carting people off on stretchers as there use to be. I hated that and it turned me off.

I understand why people have a hard time watching bike racing. Its really hard to understand, or appreciate if you havent raced at all or climbed some of those mountains. You just cant understand what those guys can do physically, drugs or not.

I like F1 for the technical aspects of the sport and the strategy of pitting, tires, fuel. No you dont get as much side by side racing, but i truely believe those are the best drivers in the world. Not to say Jeff Gordon or Jimmy J couldnt compete with some time and the right car.

#37 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

How can you not like it?!?!

There's nothing like getting up at 6:30 in the morning and putting on that Villa claret kit and watch some football.

I don't get how it's a "pussy" sport either, let's have some of you guys go out there for 90 minutes and run back and fourth on 100-130 yard field.

Plus I've never seen a football player die on the field either, and football fans are nowhere near as passionate as soccer fans

#38 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Yep. Some of the best sporting events I have been to in my life have been MLB games. Game 5 of the 2003 World Series when Alex Gonzalez hit a walk-off homer off Weaver in the 12th to win it for the Marlins is numero uno. It was Roger's "last game" and the atmosphere was amazing. Every pitch means so much in playoff baseball. If you truly love baseball, game 1 of the season means as much as game 162. Great sport. Soccer, not so much IMO.

But but, soccer is like chess....baseball has no strategy :)

Because they aren't completely different or anything.

I ain't the one that made the comparison, chief...I only commented that it cracks me up that someone who thinks soccer is exciting, can also view baseball as boring. Same goes for people who love to watch golf on TV and then moan about how boring baseball is.

IMHO, they're equally as boring to watch on TV...BUT they're also many times over, better to watch in person. I've been to many MLB games in person, quite a few in which I had no, uhh, I guess you could say, "vested interest" in either team playing. But, it was great being in a park I'd never been to before and watching the game in person.

I can take or leave soccer on TV (even though I used to make early weekend morning treks (2hrs each way) to the DC suburbs to watch Celtic live), but one of the best games I'd ever been to was a match in Glasgow at Celtic Park (and Celtic came out on the losing end). The atmosphere was electric, which made it a fun time.

#39 shinner

shinner

Anomaly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

Plus I've never seen a football player die on the field either...

So basketball players are equal to soccer players, then....hmm.

#40 Pumpkin King

Pumpkin King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

The idea that someone can say baseball is boring but soccer is exciting, cracks me the f**k up.

You saying that cracks me up. ;)

Baseball's boring as hell.

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,282 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

those who think baseball is boring are the same people who can't go a day without the internet and couldn't stand in line if their life depended on it

#42 Pumpkin King

Pumpkin King

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

those who think baseball is boring are the same people who can't go a day without the internet and couldn't stand in line if their life depended on it

That's a lot of people...

#43 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,282 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

That's a lot of people...

doesn't always pay to follow the crowd

#44 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:25 AM

Soccer sucks in the US- plain and simple.

To try and make it bigger than it is-is just ignorant.

I guess thats why we see soccer highlights "all day" on espn.

soccer=blows

I would rather watch women's beach volley ball

#45 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

I just saw 3 in the Top 10 plays on SportsCenter. So buy your own metrics, you're wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com