22 replies to this topic

#1 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:43 PM

I got an interview with 3 major insurance companies next week and one with a major bank. I'm considering accepting banking job if offered. Do any of you know what is an average salary for RMI adjuster?

Thanks.

#2 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

http://swz.salary.co...splaySection2=1

#3 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

thanks

#4 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

No problem. Good luck!

#5 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:08 AM

who are you interviewing with? Good luck.

#6 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

who are you interviewing with? Good luck.

Liberty Mutual, Erie, Allen Tate, and BB&T

thanks

#7 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:35 AM

Had a friend that worked for Liberty Mutual. He didn't work there very long. Maybe about a year. He said they were an alright company to work for.

What position with BB&T?

#8 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

Had a friend that worked for Liberty Mutual. He didn't work there very long. Maybe about a year. He said they were an alright company to work for.

What position with BB&T?

Not sure yet. I'm thinking internal auditor but no idea. I'm looking for an Ok job for a about a year. Im taking my CPA exam next year and hopefully I will pass it. It is so much either to find a job in accounting firm when you have your CPA license. Tell your girlfriend to stay in school. All you need is 150 total credit hours (to receive your CPA) and 30 hours in accounting (to sit for CPA exam).

#9 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

she's already planning on getting her masters in accounting. Its only a couple of classes difference to qualify for CPA and get a masters degree. Might as well do both.

I applied for a position with BB&T somewhere in their investment department. I cannot remember the name of the position though. It was just something entry level, didn't even require a college degree. Would be nice to get it though, I could walk to work since it's in uptown.

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:52 AM

she's already planning on getting her masters in accounting. Its only a couple of classes difference to qualify for CPA and get a masters degree. Might as well do both.

I applied for a position with BB&T somewhere in their investment department. I cannot remember the name of the position though. It was just something entry level, didn't even require a college degree. Would be nice to get it though, I could walk to work since it's in uptown.

#11 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

When you graduate with 4 year degree in accounting, you have 27 hours in accounting. If she takes 1 extra class (fraud)... that will give her 30 hours in accounting (business law is an accounting elective). All she need is about 7 easy classes to reach 150 hours. (this will also improve her GPA)

If she go for MACC, she have to pay and pass GMAT, pay college reentrance fee, plus she have to pay graduate tuition for 10 classes. She can take max 3 accounting classes in one semester. If she goes for MACC she will lose lots of money and lots of time.

Just saying...

#12 Sameday

Sameday

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

I just got my masters in acct last summer, that tuition was worth the extra year in school, work can wait.

#13 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

I just got my masters in acct last summer, that tuition was worth the extra year in school, work can wait.

How much did you pay for your GMAT, Reentrance fee, and graduate tuition all together?

#14 Sameday

Sameday

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

probably 12000, sc instate tuition is pretty cheap and if you work for the school they cut like 4k off of it for the year.

#15 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:20 AM

When you graduate with 4 year degree in accounting, you have 27 hours in accounting. If she takes 1 extra class (fraud)... that will give her 30 hours in accounting (business law is an accounting elective). All she need is about 7 easy classes to reach 150 hours. (this will also improve her GPA)

If she go for MACC, she have to pay and pass GMAT, pay college reentrance fee, plus she have to pay graduate tuition for 10 classes. She can take max 3 accounting classes in one semester. If she goes for MACC she will lose lots of money and lots of time.

Just saying...

The additional expense is easily made up in a few years because the average starting salary (and overall career prospects) are much better with a masters. When she worked her internship over the summer, the company she worked for wouldn't even hire you if you didn't have a masters for the Tax department. They hired some auditors with only a CPA, but they made about 20k less than those in the tax department.

I don't know much about accounting because I didn't major in it, but she tells me that it's nearly impossible to land a job with any of the big 4 without a masters degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.