Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harrison Barnes

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Well 6,000 Asians just fell on their sword in Durham.

Posted

Well 6,000 Asians just fell on their sword in Durham.

fug YOU DURHAM!

(South park reference)

Posted

This is what is wrong with Carolina Fans, and after today I am very ashamed

I was following the announcement on a few of the boards and throughout the whole press conference everybody is ragging on this kid, because sources close to someone high and mighty on the board said he was a Dukie.....Well that spark the flame and the fire ragged on destroying this kid, saying he was arrogent and obnoxious

then the announcement.......

Next thing from the same people and more celebrating like they have found a cure for every cancer, and saying things like the kid speaks well, and is very smart kid with a good head on his shoulders

I now know the frustrations every fan feels towards the Carolina program and fan base....not saying it is everybody, because I am def not that way and I know a lot of grads and fans that are the same as me......Today I am so happy that he picked Carolina, but at the same time sick to my stomach

Now I remember why I hardly go on message board anymore

InsideCarolina.com had a poster say.."Are they actually going to make us play the games? They might as well just mail us the National Championship."

The arrogance is disgusting...

I didn't even see stuff like that on UK boards after they landed a class that was probably the best of all time.

Posted

So what you guys are saying is that we can't brag about how good our team is???

Posted

InsideCarolina.com had a poster say.."Are they actually going to make us play the games? They might as well just mail us the National Championship."

I didn't even see stuff like that on UK boards after they landed a class that was probably the best of all time.

It's not really a stretch of a comment is it? I mean, the Heels are flat loaded.

Posted

This kills me. If I didn't know Roy and his family I would be jumping off a building.

Come K. Re up your game.

Posted

This kills me. If I didn't know Roy and his family I would be jumping off a building.

Come K. Re up your game.

Roy needs to die.

Posted

It's not really a stretch of a comment is it? I mean, the Heels are flat loaded.

The Heels are always loaded. They are loaded this year but you don't know who will stay and who will leave and if the team can gel together. Barnes will be a one and done so you will have to take advantage of that one year. We will see but the best talent doesn't always win look at Duke 99 and Carolina in 07. Barnes was a huge get though, now Duke has to go all out and try to sign Roscoe Smith. If we get him I won't feel so bad about losing Barnes.

Posted

The Heels are always loaded. They are loaded this year but you don't know who will stay and who will leave and if the team can gel together. Barnes will be a one and done so you will have to take advantage of that one year. We will see but the best talent doesn't always win look at Duke 99 and Carolina in 07. Barnes was a huge get though, now Duke has to go all out and try to sign Roscoe Smith. If we get him I won't feel so bad about losing Barnes.

Yeah, early defections can hurt...But I only expect to lose Davis early this year, and Barnes has stated he wants to attend for three years and graduate early. We will see. I suspect UNC will be sick next year.

But i have to take issue with the 07/08 team...There were four teams that were pretty friggin good that season. I think the best team cut the nets down that year and I made comments that entire season about them being the best of the field.

Posted

I'm not so sure Barnes will be a one and done. That's pure speculation. I haven't read any quotes from him saying anything like that. Having said that, I'm no fool. Barnes (at least from the clips I saw of him), is a big time player, and he would be a high lottery pick coming out of high school. I think it's hard for anybody to turn down that kind of money (but then again Davis already did). As for Davis, I do expect him to go pro after this year, but again he hasn't said anything about that. He is much like Hansbrough, in that he loves college. Does he love it enough to stick around for another year or (gasp) long enough to graduate? I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm not Davis and neither are you. The only sure fire bets on who will be gone after this year are Thompson and Ginyard. Henson just looks too raw, and even though the NBA drafts on raw talent, he may choose to stick around and refine his game so he doesn't warm the bench for a couple of years in the NBA.

Posted

Roy needs to die.

Meat needs to eat some meat! :rolleyes:

Posted

lol yes UNC is the only school with arrogant fans how enlightening.