Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone find it hard to dislike the Saints?

266 posts in this topic

Posted

We have had a good team the last couple of years. Problem is we had the #1 offense but a crappy defensive coordinator. Defense wins championships, PERIOD! Now that Gregg is here, the attitude is much different. We went to the NFCCG in 2006 and things would have been much different the last couple of years had Gibbs been fired sooner. We are 7-0 and on a roll. Like us or not you cannot deny the positive changes. This is not our daddy's Saints.

I agree.

Posted

Let me highlight that Saints fans agree that 7-9 and 8-8 teams are good.

Posted

8-8 and 7-9 isn't a good team. and your winning season was 10-6 you guys were blowing them away! lol

You must have not understood what I said...

We had /have a great offense our problem was the strictly on our defense. We lost 7 games by 4 points or less. We just didnt finish the games but times have changed! I believe if Gregg Williams was coaching the D the last three years would have been totally different but I am not going to dwell on the past. Today is today, we are 7-0 and that is all that counts!

Posted

Cat is making me all hot talking smack.

Cut it out yo..

Posted

What's it like playing in a Dome, that has hosted so many Superbowls. And your team always has to let another team use your teams locker room? Do you sit around a pot of gumbo year after year wondering what could have been? If only you knew how to use voodoo maybe you could make it to the big game one day? Sad little troll.

No, I sit around wondering what it would be like to actually win one. Why is everyone here so caught up in not winning a SuperBowl? Do you not sit around a pot of what ever they cook up there in the non-state of Carolina, and wonder what it would be like to win one?

Posted

Let me highlight that Saints fans agree that 7-9 and 8-8 teams are good.
when your franchise has had 18 of 42 seasons with 5 wins or less, it's understandable.

it's all about perspective.

Posted

One thing is for sure...we're gonna find out how good that Saints run defense really is on Sunday, because the Panthers don't give a rat's ass how many players you put in the box, they will run it anyway.

Posted

If we're going to keep going with the "who sucks more" argument, then Carolina has had 8 losing seasons out of 14.

Posted

I was BORN in New Orleans and I can't stand them. It boiled over after every sports media outlet tried to create a warm and fuzzy story after Katrina. It may have been doable the season after, but they still tried to cram that sob story down our throats the following seasons.

Maybe that means I hate the media hahaha...but no, I still care 0% about the Aints. The stadium is a dump, the uniforms are crap, the city was a ghetto even before Katrina, Mardi Gras is all they have left, and the team only sticks around because of tradition.

1 person likes this

Posted

We have had a good team the last couple of years. Problem is we had the #1 offense but a crappy defensive coordinator. Defense wins championships, PERIOD! Now that Gregg is here, the attitude is much different. We went to the NFCCG in 2006 and things would have been much different the last couple of years had Gibbs been fired sooner. We are 7-0 and on a roll. Like us or not you cannot deny the positive changes. This is not our daddy's Saints.

You must have not understood what I said...

We had /have a great offense our problem was the strictly on our defense. We lost 7 games by 4 points or less. We just didnt finish the games but times have changed! I believe if Gregg Williams was coaching the D the last three years would have been totally different but I am not going to dwell on the past. Today is today, we are 7-0 and that is all that counts!

I was just reading your post. :rolleyes:

edit: I'm under the impression that a team in football consist of offense, defense and special teams.

Posted

If we're going to keep going with the "who sucks more" argument, then Carolina has had 8 losing seasons out of 14.

And that's worse than two play off wins in 40 years?

Posted

Cat is making me all hot talking smack.

Cut it out yo..

I don't talk smack