Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Yankees WILL go bankrupt.

27 posts in this topic

Posted

God I hated the Yankees....but now my bosses' nephew (Mark Texeria) plays for them. Guess I will have to pull for them at least a little.

No you don't. Just make your Boss believe you are.

Posted

cant wait till they finish in 3rd again

That would be awesome!!!

Posted

They are STILL looking for public funds for the new Yankee Stadium.

They have committed nearly 424 MILLION to their payroll and they overpay for yet another player.

Ad revenue even for networks are going DOWN.

These idiots, front office and players are only seeing the dollars in front of their faces and don't have the long view.

I'm all for making money but at some point common sense needs to come into play and realize you can get by on 10 a year instead of 22 or 4 instead of 8.

I'm going to even go so far as to predict as many as 3 teams could be on the brink of folding within 2 years.

Way to go greedy jackasses. Players and management you stink. :shocked:

Not for the Yankees.

I would love to see them go bankrupt, but it wont happen. From what I'm hearing even with the signing of the big 3 contracts there salary will be less than last year.

Posted

lol @ this thread

Posted

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4093702

The Yankees are charging $500-$2,625 for Legends Suite tickets in 25 sections at the new Yankee Stadium in the first nine rows around the infield, an area that contains 1,895 seats.

While those seats were filled for the April 16 opener, they were more than half-empty for the remaining five games on the homestand. Some entire sections were unfilled, but it's possible tickets for other seats were bought by people who didn't attend or spent much time in the three exclusive restaurants and lounges.

Posted

The cheapest tickets for the stadium are 5 dollars for partial view bleacher seats..... the average price to take a family of four out to a game is like 500 dollars or so....way too much money for seats and such.

Posted

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4093702

The Yankees are charging $500-$2,625 for Legends Suite tickets in 25 sections at the new Yankee Stadium in the first nine rows around the infield, an area that contains 1,895 seats.

While those seats were filled for the April 16 opener, they were more than half-empty for the remaining five games on the homestand. Some entire sections were unfilled, but it's possible tickets for other seats were bought by people who didn't attend or spent much time in the three exclusive restaurants and lounges.

Anyone that pays $500, much less $2,625 for A ticket to A ball game is a moron. Personally, I hope the Yankees, and Mets for that matter, both go bankrupt just because they are crazy enough to try to make people pay that much for a single ticket.

Posted

You laugh, jke...Im tryin to go see a game, but this guy isnt going to spend that just to be there this season...Sh_t, I got great seats last season, bottom of the bleachers, for $20 a pop. The burdens of being a Yankee fan, I guess...

Posted

Hehe.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXsbNiajF1E[/ame]

Posted

Piss off, shinner. I refuse to watch this time...

Posted

Piss off, shinner. I refuse to watch this time...

Come on snookums, don't be like that. Here....a piece offering for you. She's gonna smack that azz!

img4611a7dc51143.jpg