12 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

So this is a question for everyone (pending if the old farts here can remember there most recent paper/thesis/case study):

What was the topic of your most recent research study/paper?

Right now I'm working on a comparative case study between Lincoln Park in Chicago and Golden Gate Park in San Fran. Hopefully I'll show how they both are pretty flipping cool landscape architecture wise...but I think it may require an all nighter before exams even start ;)

So...I'm a lil' stressed

You?

#2 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:17 PM

Just did a 10 pager on baseball in the '40s. Did it in one day, got a B.

Now I'm currently working on my final 20 pager on The Beatles. God I love this stuff.

#3 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

man im glad dont have to do that stuff any more.

#4 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

Had to do a 10 page paper on the NFL from the business side.no all nighter because i am nerd and like college..lol

#5 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

I wrote a killer book report on See Spot Run.

Stupid Cliff's Notes got me a C.

#6 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

The last major paper I wrote was a 40-pager on the necessity of the atomic bomb's use against Japan in regards to ending the war. It was for my senior thesis.

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

The last major paper I wrote was a 40-pager on the necessity of the atomic bomb's use against Japan in regards to ending the war. It was for my senior thesis.

Did you conclude that we just wanted to send a message to Russia and Japan would have surrendered in a month anyway?

#8 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,083 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Did you conclude that we just wanted to send a message to Russia and Japan would have surrendered in a month anyway?

Well Truman wanting to swing his dick in front of Stalin definitely played a part in his decision. But I essentially concluded that, while Japan would have surrendered regardless before an invasion would have been necessary, the bomb still probably saved the lives of over 10,000 US servicemen. Keep in mind that we lost 3,000+ men in July alone when there were no major operations being undertaken during that time

I also said that Japan can't play the victim in World War II, namely because of the egregious war crimes they committed.

I'm not the giant liberal vagina I'm made out to be.

#9 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

your such a vagina..lol

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,929 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

The war was dragging and people at home were getting pissed about it. We were running out of money, people were tapped out on war bonds, and we had an expensive war project that could be used almost as intended to solve the Japan problem while also asserting our authoritah over the world, it was win win unless you were a resident of Hiroshima or Nagasaki (who was not the primary target that day - Kokura was the primary target but clouds obscured the city).

#11 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,928 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

So basically if we had just nuked Iraq from the beginning we would have saved a bunch of lives and money!

#12 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:40 PM

I can't remember writing so much as what I did the summers Zod got me access to Panthers training camp and mini camps. Transcribing interviews from a recorder, writing articles from interviews, updates every day, longer pieces not constrained by print specs.....answering questions on the board....enjoyed every minute of it.

#13 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,083 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:32 AM

So basically if we had just nuked Iraq from the beginning we would have saved a bunch of lives and money!

Not really the same situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.