#1 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:25 PM

So this isn't something I normally do. I'm convinced there is a Gid and I dint consider it a faith thing, I've seen to much for it not to be fact. You believe what you want and I'm cool with it. I rarely share testimonials and never preach.

So my wife has a long time friend of the family who was recently diagnosed with a very aggresive cancer that had already spread to multiple organs. They did biopsies, drugs, chemo, etc, etc.

Nilothing helped and it continued to spread. So surgery was a last option and thus would be a debilitating, life altering operation that would likely leave her with limited mobility and a colostomy bag.

Her daughters and husband were obviously distraught and pretty much said their goodbyes to the mother and family life they knew.

She showed up for surgery on Sat morning and the surgeon explaining the procedure would be at least ten hours long.

Her husband and kids were sitting in the waiting room for about an hour and a half when the Dr. Emerged from the OR. Husband assumed things went wring and she was dead. As it turns out the surgeon opened her up and could not find a single tumor anywhere. Nothing, everything looked completely normal and she left the hospital two days later without any rx's, other than standard post op pain meds and has a routine check up in a week.

The Dr. as I'm told was misty eyed when told them that he had no medical or scientic explanation for the finding and offered only that a higher power was certainly at work.

Just thought I would share as we head into a bust and stressful Chrismad holiday where are concerns are mire likely to be in food, friends, fashion and gifts rather than why we're celebrating in the first place and just how truly blessed the vast majority of us are.

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:05 AM

Too long?

#3 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,850 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:18 AM

Nobody believes in Gid anymore.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

I am, however, convinced there is a Gidorah.

#5 Jeff L

Jeff L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

God is great my friend!

#6 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

good point.

i'm glad she is better.

#7 King Taharga

King Taharga

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

Thats awesome JOAT. Great post Scrum.

#8 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

and away we go......

Happy to hear about your family friend JOAT.

#9 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:35 AM

He doesn't conform to their way of thinking, so therefore, CWG does nothing to benefit anyone. Everyone knows you must be a Christian and go to church twice-weekly to do good.

Glad there was a wonderful outcome to your situation, JOAT. It's always nice to hear good news amidst the sea of negativity.

#10 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

wow..This thread started so great but took a huge turn for the worse..

Cant say I am surprised you say the Gword around here and people throw such a hissy fit.But lets act like adults here CWG.

Now To the OP.Thats great news and God bless.

#11 King Taharga

King Taharga

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

Just as I thought delete all the Christian comments and keep the atheist ones. Lot of fair talk on this board for sure. Whoever deleted them sucks, just so you know.

#12 King Taharga

King Taharga

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

I want an explanation on why these comments get deleted but all the 1000s of creationism bashing and anti christian propaganda ones run rampant. Could a moderator please PM me and let me know. Thanks.

#13 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

I deleted them.

And no, I didn't "keep the atheist ones." WTF? The ones I kept were the ones wishing well. And the ones that were poking fun at his misspelling earlier (I'm guessing he's typing on an iphone or somesuch since i and o are right beside each other on those damn small keyboards). I deleted the ones that devolved into bickering, on both sides.

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,811 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

I deleted them.

And no, I didn't "keep the atheist ones." WTF? The ones I kept were the ones wishing well. And the ones that were poking fun at his misspelling earlier (I'm guessing he's typing on an iphone or somesuch since i and o are right beside each other on those damn small keyboards). I deleted the ones that devolved into bickering, on both sides.

Good move.

JOAT, nice story.

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,817 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

Bless us, everyone

There

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.