34 replies to this topic

#16 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

i didnt think hackett knew what to do once he caught the ball....

#17 WildBill559

WildBill559

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

He had a nice play, but he also left a first down on the field. Having 1 nice play doesn't exactly settle anything. I'd still start Jarrett.

#18 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hackett just has to stay healthy for 3 more games...I think he can do that ;)

#19 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

yesterday, if asked about Hackett he was a waste of money and trash AND Jarrett was the "man". One game, and a decent grab and now the switch roles? Jarrett has the better build and hands....has done nothing but make 3rd down grabs w/ Jake rarely going to the 3rd wideout. Jarrett is a long term guy we need to continue to work w/ .....Hackett is an injury prone guy we can't count on..I'm hoping Jarrett is active again next game.

#20 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

I think both guys could do well if given the chance. The 3rd receiver just hasn't gotten many opportunities in our offense this year.

#21 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

i think both are good and we just need to run some 4 wr sets

#22 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

both bring different skill sets.... I am impressed with Jarrett as he seems to have taken a major stride from last year

#23 catz

catz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

Jarrett is going to be here for a while. At least until his rookie contract is over. He is worth what we are paying him.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? uhh . . . . . can he read the playbook yet??????? he should be cut immediately.

#24 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

Both bring alot to the table but I still lean toward Jarrett :hat:

#25 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:41 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? uhh . . . . . can he read the playbook yet??????? he should be cut immediately.

um, how many 3rd down grabs does he have? Jake doesn't throw to the 3rd WR.....doesn't matter who it is. When in the game and thrown to, Jarrett has done well......done well in key and pressure situations.

#26 Deangelofan

Deangelofan

Homer but not hopeless

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

I like Jarrett. I think he's shown some good potential this season. He's made some clutch catches. Hackett is a great receiver- when he's healthy. Unfortunately, that's not often enough.

#27 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

um, how many 3rd down grabs does he have? Jake doesn't throw to the 3rd WR.....doesn't matter who it is. When in the game and thrown to, Jarrett has done well......done well in key and pressure situations.

Rep. If it existed.

#28 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

Did you see what Hackett is capable of doing. The guy is more explosive than Jarrett and he hasn't dropped a pass in 3 years.

I think he should be ahead of Jarrett in the Depth Chart.

Tom Sorensen still thinks Jarrett is better.

#29 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

jarrett is a good young player but by no means is he our ace in the hole.

the main thinf the panthers need to work on is the 46 active playes. we need both jarrett and hackett active. one of the negatives of having lloyd.

Do you know what "ace in the hole", means?

It means that he's our unexpected benefit when things look predictable. He's able to get out there and make a big play, then run back to the sidelines and stay relatively unknown. We have hit teams with him several times this year for big catches on big drives. He has made more important catches than Hackett this year by a wide margin. Every other playmaker on our squad is a known commodity unless you want to argue Dante Rosario.

#30 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:49 PM

Have you been watching the games at all this season? Especially Jarrett? He has been making some great play so far. In fact, he made some good criticial catch before the game were over on 3rd down against the Chargers & Cardinals. He has made some great catch when we need it. Even Jake said Jarrett has gotten better this year & is still learning. I would say this year is Jarrett's true "rookie" season compare to him being invisible last season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.