Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hdevonxz

why wasnt that a fumble?

47 posts in this topic

The ruling is that you come down with the ball and make two football moves after that. The receiver was tackled and stripped before he could make two football moves. I understand the ruling...

I agree...definitely not indisputable evidence.

interesting that there was a similar fumble in the cowboys philly game. early in the game westbrook caught a ball and quickly fumbled, and it was called a fumble. the official inconsistencies this year have been abysmal.

The ruling is that you come down with the ball and make two football moves after that. The receiver was tackled and stripped before he could make two football moves. I understand the ruling...

No, the rule was changed either last year or this year. A receiver only has to get two feet down, with possession of the ball. The football move is no longer required.

Check the rulebook:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/forwardpass

A forward pass is complete when a receiver clearly possesses the pass and touches the ground with both feet inbounds while in possession of the ball.

The idiot refs in our game didn't know the rules. Colston clearly had both feet down with possession of the ball. Another thing that the refs don't seem to understand is the meaning of the word "indisputable."

so whats mike peraira going to say this week.

"well, my refs know the rules and if u look really really really close u can almost see it move, so it is definitely not caught"

No, the rule was changed either last year or this year. A receiver only has to get two feet down, with possession of the ball. The football move is no longer required.

Check the rulebook:

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/forwardpass

The idiot refs in our game didn't know the rules. Colston clearly had both feet down with possession of the ball. Another thing that the refs don't seem to understand is the meaning of the word "indisputable."

I think you are confusing an "out of bounds" interpretation with a "middle of the field" interpretation. I could be wrong...

I don't think he had posession. But hey its a judgement call and people see it different ways.

I don't think he had posession. But hey its a judgement call and people see it different ways.

The ruling on the field was catch and fumble. There was not indisputable evidence to show he didn't have possession. The key word is indisputable.

The ruling on the field was catch and fumble. There was not indisputable evidence to show he didn't have possession. The key word is indisputable.

I was under the impression the ruling on the field was an interception.

I think you are confusing an "out of bounds" interpretation with a "middle of the field" interpretation. I could be wrong...

No, they changed the rule.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2007/08/Notebook_Officials_outline_rules_changes_for_2007.aspx

Beginning this season, a receiver that gets two feet down and has control of the ball has a reception.

Traditionally a player needed to make “a football move” after a catch to have it classified a reception. Now, a quick hit from a defender could result in a fumble.

I was under the impression the ruling on the field was an interception.

That's what the commentators said at first but then they corrected themselves.