Photo
- - - - -

We have made some pretty shitty Pizza in the past, but we changed the recipe!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,007 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:23 PM

So y'all come on back now, ya hear?

http://www.colbertna...-domino-s-pizza

#2 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,713 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Saw those commercials. Laughed. Dominos is/has always been disgusting.

#3 Panther_gal

Panther_gal

Go Panthers!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

They are just now realizing that their pizza sucks! I can't believe they have stayed in business.

#4 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

Had it ladt night. Tastes like they just doused it in spices.

#5 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

Don't allow it in my house. Absolutely the worst. I drive a few miles to pick our pizza up. Most good Pizza Restaurants around hear don't deliver, only the shitty ones do.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

The only thing I've found Dominos good for is that the crust seems to be able to absorb a lot of alcohol and prevent you from getting sicker once you have ralphed once from drinking too much.

#7 Panther_gal

Panther_gal

Go Panthers!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

I have been at places where the food offered was Domino's. Or they order it at work. I don't eat it. Pack a PB&J( grape of course) just in case. :)

#8 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Dominos is the best

#9 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:23 PM

I remember the 30 minute guarantee days before cell phones. I would order one, then call back 31 minutes later when it wasn't there and they'd always ask me to have the driver call back from my home phone once he finally got there.

#10 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

I don't even know why people expect good food from franchises. Only smaller private buisnesses can deliver good food.

#11 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

I don't even know why people expect good food from franchises. Only smaller private buisnesses can deliver good food.

I hope that is sarcasm, because it is dead wrong.

Chipotle, Five Guys, California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs (no it is not real chinese food, but yes it is still fuging delicious), Jersery Mike's, Outback, Ruths Chris, BWW and WWCafe, Cracker Barrel, Legal Seafoods, Culver's, Uno's, Chick-fil-a, Potbellys....just to name a few that come to mind.

Now as with any restaurant, a franchise is only as good as it's management and employees. But assuming they have a competent staff all of those places are mightily delicious. Anyone who says a national chain can't make a good meal is just being snobby and unamerican. Do you really hate America?

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:35 AM

I find a lot of it is just the local staff not doing things right. These big companies spend years and millions of dollars to provide consistent supplies and recipes to their locations, and what usually messes it up is someone who can't cook at the end.

Except Dominos they have sucked since day one because making it really fast was more important to their customers than making it any good.

#13 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,705 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

Speaking of good pizza, we went up to Brooklyn Pizza Parlor off of Colony on Saturday night. Good ass pizza and some of the best hot wings I've had in awhile. Sat next to ex-Panther Kevin Donnalley. On a side note, that was the second Panther I saw on Saturday. Had our sons b-day party at Sports Connection out on 521 Saturday morning and Damion Lewis was there with his daughters.

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,481 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:30 PM

I hope that is sarcasm, because it is dead wrong.

Chipotle, Five Guys, California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs (no it is not real chinese food, but yes it is still fuging delicious), Jersery Mike's, Outback, Ruths Chris, BWW and WWCafe, Cracker Barrel, Legal Seafoods, Culver's, Uno's, Chick-fil-a, Potbellys....just to name a few that come to mind.

Now as with any restaurant, a franchise is only as good as it's management and employees. But assuming they have a competent staff all of those places are mightily delicious. Anyone who says a national chain can't make a good meal is just being snobby and unamerican. Do you really hate America?

I've never had a good meal at an uno's.

#15 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

jase is that you?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com