Photo
- - - - -

senior bowl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
105 replies to this topic

#91 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

if it was up to me, 1d trae into the 1st and get brandon graham, then either jeremy williams or mardy gilyard in the 2nd. gilyard would probably be the better choice since he can catch and return kicks.

#92 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:36 AM

lucky to grab a slot WR slash return man in the second in a supposed deep draft. I'm not a Clemson fan

every short WR is going to get that tag..

#93 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:57 AM

every short WR is going to get that tag..

And every short WR is gonna be proclaimed the next Steve Smith/exception-to-the-rule by people on this board. Luckily there isnt a 5'9 middle LB like Buster Davis or Jon Abbate in this draft, otherwise people would be wanting us to take him in the second round because he'll be "the next Sam Mills".

And for the record, I dont mind us drafting Ford, just not as our first pick based on post-season workouts and an all-star game. Maybe it was due to poor QB play, not sure, but i remember watching Ford at Clemson and not being all that impressed.

#94 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

:rolleyes:

#95 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

And every short WR is gonna be proclaimed the next Steve Smith/exception-to-the-rule by people on this board. Luckily there isnt a 5'9 middle LB like Buster Davis or Jon Abbate in this draft, otherwise people would be wanting us to take him in the second round because he'll be "the next Sam Mills".

And for the record, I dont mind us drafting Ford, just not as our first pick based on post-season workouts and an all-star game. Maybe it was due to poor QB play, not sure, but i remember watching Ford at Clemson and not being all that impressed.

It was trust me I have watched almost every Game since he has been a Tiger and our QB play has never been more then average to above average (I really like Kyle Parkers potential though). And the playcalling under Bowden really sucked at times.

He has tremendous play making ability both in receiving and kick returns. I would love him to be our 1st pick just on his kick returning ability alone since I actually think that is our biggest need not WR. Its not just what he showed me this week but what I watched on Saturdays.

He impressed me even more with his consistent separation this week against some of the best CB's in the draft. He is just one of those rare players that impresses during the season and off-season.

#96 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

Guys that impressed me:

Geno Atkins: I have heard good things about him all week. Constantly getting penetration from the 3 tech position. Well that continued yesterday. He got in the backfield or disrupted the play almost every time he was on the field. On the 1st north drive he drew an obvious holding call on one of the best G prospects Mike Iupati that negated a TD. 2 plays later made a tackle after being block in the back (didn't get called) and if he missed the RB Bell he was gone. Well worth a 4th or 5th round pick where hes projected.

Joique Bell RB: I have had my eye on him all week. What I liked most about him was his work ethic. After every play this week in practice if he didn't get tackled (which isn't supposed to happen) he would run the ball all the way to the endzone. Sound like anyone we know? He made a lot of nice run with some power and showed good agility.

The entire North D: Just draft them all please. I mean I want that Dline, there entire LB core, and most of there DB's. I was drooling over all the good prospects. Weatherspoon and Washington will both be beast. I wouldn't be upset at all if we tendered TD with a 1st let him sign with someone and draft Washington. Just wait he will be a beast at WLB in a 4-3 scheme. I would love to get Brandon Graham he was unstopable last night. And what is awesome is he is outstanding at both pass and rush defense the perfect DE (if he was 6'3" he would be a top 10 pick right now).

Edited by jramsey4, 31 January 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#97 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Others that impressed (2nd watching):

Jeremy Williams WR Tulane- Showed great body position to place his body between the QB and the DB covering him. Showed good speed and hands. Ran a reverse broke a tackle and did a beautiful job of setting up his blocks (if LSU's Black his own blocker hadn't ran him out of bounds he could have gotten easily 10 more yards).

Andre Roberts WR Citadel - I was watching him close all week because I knew how great a playmaker he was (burning us at Clemson on multiple occasions) and the fact that he is an excellent punt returner. He showed me an ability to get open deep and work the middle and take the big hits. He went up in the middle one play snag the ball knowing he was going to get decked and held onto the ball reminded me of Smitty a little.

Edited by jramsey4, 31 January 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#98 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:25 PM

i am hoping we could get geno Aktins in the 3rd-4th round..

#99 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

i am hoping we could get geno Aktins in the 3rd-4th round..

He has been straight up unblockable all week and last night. Wouldn't mind it a bit considering I would wager Price will be gone by the 2nd and IMO we need a good penetrating UT.

#100 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Senior Bowl in Review

Cam Thomas was a nightmare for opposing offensive linemen this week. The strength and power that he showed on the interior of the line was extremely impressive and he showed the type of brute force that scouts look for in the type of fire-hydrant defensive tackle that teams like to plug on the interior of their offensive line. Thomas was another player who had a mid-late round draft grade coming into the week but leaves with a third-to-fourth round grade.

http://www.rotoworld...articleid=34664

#101 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

Call me a homer, but Myron Rolle is going to make some team very, very happy if he's not taken till the 2nd or 3rd.

#102 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

lol..Knights of the round table

Gilyard said most of his interviews were similar, with the same themes and questions. Some teams, like the Carolina Panthers, had a different approach.

“It was like Knights at the Roundtable. They had everyone around the table,” Gilyard said of the Panthers. “I didn’t expect to go into a meeting like that. They actually had a camera set up. I was kinda nervous at first, but I pretty much got over it. I was cool. Cool, calm and collected. I just answered different questions from everybody.”

http://www.bostonher...position=recent

#103 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

Call me a homer, but Myron Rolle is going to make some team very, very happy if he's not taken till the 2nd or 3rd.

I remember reading a FSU message board which got plenty of contributions from Myron's brother McKinley, probably spelled that wrong, in which he once stated that Mickey Andrews, the DC, "doesnt even coach the DBs". The Miami game Myron's last year really showed me what he can do if used properly, which i dont think he was at all at FSU.

I think he's an attacking, blitz-type safety like Adrian Wilson and is a first-round talent. I also think that if he, and Patrick Robinson, get NFL coaching, they'll be starters in the NFL.

#104 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:10 AM

So I have been busy all weekend so I just got done watching the Senior Bowl on my DVR. Here are my thoughts:

-The The Golden Calf of Bristol Show was terrible and his new nickname is "Fumbow" because with most of the snaps he took he kept fumbling and that was also a concern in practice. I don't think teams should give up yet but whomever drafts him will need to realize that he will need a few years to develop into a good QB..

- Mardy Gilyard is a beast at WR and he could actually move into the 1st round based off of his performance on Saturday. However, he needs to continue to impress at the combine and his pro day.

- Most of the other QBs has potential. I was highly impressed with LeFevour (which I suspected that he would be a good prospect) and most of the concern with him was him operating out of a spread offense to snapping under center like most of the QBs that played on saturday. On the south side, Jarrett Brown has a good arm and has good size, could be a good development QB and Zac Robinson showed us that he deserves to be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round.

- On defense: The North team dominated and would love to get Brandon Graham on our team. The problem with Graham is that we have a similar player in Everette Brown, do we really need two? That guy out of California look good as well. On the South team, Dan Williams out of Tenn. and the kid out of Murray St looked stood out for me.

Now I know this isn't the greatest review but keep in mind that I am still in wake up mode and recovering from a weekend full of work hours.

#105 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:14 AM

So I have been busy all weekend so I just got done watching the Senior Bowl on my DVR. Here are my thoughts:

-The The Golden Calf of Bristol Show was terrible and his new nickname is "Fumbow" because with most of the snaps he took he kept fumbling and that was also a concern in practice. I don't think teams should give up yet but whomever drafts him will need to realize that he will need a few years to develop into a good QB..

- Mardy Gilyard is a beast at WR and he could actually move into the 1st round based off of his performance on Saturday. However, he needs to continue to impress at the combine and his pro day.

- Most of the other QBs has potential. I was highly impressed with LeFevour (which I suspected that he would be a good prospect) and most of the concern with him was him operating out of a spread offense to snapping under center like most of the QBs that played on saturday. On the south side, Jarrett Brown has a good arm and has good size, could be a good development QB and Zac Robinson showed us that he deserves to be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round.

- On defense: The North team dominated and would love to get Brandon Graham on our team. The problem with Graham is that we have a similar player in Everette Brown, do we really need two? That guy out of California look good as well. On the South team, Dan Williams out of Tenn. and the kid out of Murray St looked stood out for me.

Now I know this isn't the greatest review but keep in mind that I am still in wake up mode and recovering from a weekend full of work hours.

yeah...if peppers leaves I think the kid from Murray state would be on the panthers radar..Big DE that can rush the passer

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com