• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Kurb

Looking for some new Sci/Fi or Fantasy novels.

tolkein has choked originality from the genre that he created FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!1

no. I will blame the perpetrators. Tolkein, though dry at least wrote good stories and created vivid worlds.

Dry is putting it nicely. Bland and predictable would be more appropriate.

And the greatest sin of the fantasy genre is Drizzt.

No argument on that at all.

I don't think I've ever read a straight up fantasy novel... more into SciFi. Speaking of which I need some new stuff too... there's three new Star Wars novels out, but I really don't feel like paying the $50 to buy them all three. Was waiting on them to show up at the library, but no show yet... maybe I'll resort to buying them used on Amazon... or maybe I'll try Kindle on my new Droid X.

Any new SciFi out?

I don't think I've ever read a straight up fantasy novel... more into SciFi. Speaking of which I need some new stuff too... there's three new Star Wars novels out, but I really don't feel like paying the $50 to buy them all three. Was waiting on them to show up at the library, but no show yet... maybe I'll resort to buying them used on Amazon... or maybe I'll try Kindle on my new Droid X.

Any new SciFi out?

Dunno about new but you can safely fall back on anything by:

Bradbury, Heinlein, Dick, Asimov, Niven and a few more that I can't think of right now.

or do what I do when I can't find something to read, just get a list of Hugo Award winners and pick one that sounds interesting. Speaking of which:

http://www.amazon.com/Doomsday-Book-Connie-Willis/dp/0553562738

this is pretty damn good.

• Pie 1

Any new SciFi out?

Been thinking about giving Stephenson a shot at redemption. That Baroque Cycle poo was so bad. But Ive heard good things about Anathm. Supposed to be more along the lines of Cyptonomicon.

• Pie 1

Dunno about new but you can safely fall back on anything by:

Bradbury, Heinlein, Dick, Asimov, Niven and a few more that I can't think of right now.

or do what I do when I can't find something to read, just get a list of Hugo Award winners and pick one that sounds interesting. Speaking of which:

http://www.amazon.com/Doomsday-Book-Connie-Willis/dp/0553562738

this is pretty damn good.

Asimov is more weird than sci-fi.