Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Panthers do need a bigger fanbase

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I'm a Panthers fan from Denmark.

I became a Panthers fan in 2006 and the first game I saw we lost 20-6 to the Falcons. They rarely show and games with Panthers in TV, it is always the Cowboys, Giants or Patriots but if the Panthers makes it to the Superbowl again and keep playing good offensive football hopefully it will get better.

Here is a top 10 list over the most populare and unpopulare teams in Denmark:

The populares:

1: Giants

2: Colts

3: Patriots

4: Cowboys

5: Packers

6: Steelers

7: Chargers

8: Saints

9: Jaguars

10: Vikings

The unpopulares:

1: Patriots

2: Raiders

3: Colts

4: Giants

5: Lions

6: Cowboys

7: Steelers

8: Packers

9: Bengals

10: Chiefs

Hmm. Most of those teams are listed in both, so I'm guessing they're equally loved/loathed by fans of the other teams? :)

Denmark is a lovely country, I've flown over it several times but never had the pleasure of landing.

Posted

I'd rather not be like the cowboys.

Do like DWill, Smith and Moose, shhhhhhh!

well kept secret

Posted

A Super Bowl win would make the fanbase grow by atleast 50%, the media would pay more attention, and so would the general public. Everybody loves a winner, I heard today from a Cowboys fan that if Jerry Jones don't turn his franchise around nobodys wants to see a losing team, new stadium or not.

Posted

We have a lot of fans in Raleigh I can say that but it's hard for us to make the trip down to Charlotte. But I'll be coming down for the playoff game

Posted

Most of us cheered for another team before we were awarded the franchise. We picked up quite a few rabid fans during the Superbowl run, it's be nice to pick up even more.

I would say the vast majority of posters here, and Panther fans, cheered football in some sort long before the idea of the Carolina Panthers first existed.

Posted

then MOVE 2 CAROLINA!!!! SUPPORT the Panthers ....i wouldn't have it any other way;)

Unfortunately, that is not possible in the forseeable future.

Posted

The main catalyst for building a fanbase is, well, rings.

largest fanbases include:

Cowboys (5 rings)

Steelers (5 rings)

49ers (5 rings)

Pats fans have been popping up everywhere the past decade. Why? They've won superbowls in 2001, 2003, and 2004.

Giants fans are more plentiful than Jets fans, because the Giants have 3 superbowl wins in the last 20 years while the Jets have none.

Success builds a franchise up. I became a Panther fan during the 03 SB run. We didn't win, but our time in the spotlight earned us some new fans, including me.

I won't mention names but some people here have this inferiority complex about them, like "ughughughugh now the bandwagoners are herre now that we winning". It doesn't make you look any bigger of a fan it just makes you look like an elitist jackass. If you notice a lot of people who jump on the bandwagon never jump off.

Posted

I won't mention names but some people here have this inferiority complex about them. . .

And, for all of their proclamations against "bandwagoners" they're typically the first to scream bloody murder about any loss and call for the heads of the entire team.

Yep, real fans there.

Posted

And, for all of their proclamations against "bandwagoners" they're typically the first to scream bloody murder about any loss and call for the heads of the entire team.

Yep, real fans there.

THAT'S how they support their team. You never heard a Cowboys fan or a Steelers fan do the same thing? Fans like that are not exclusive to this franchise and you can browse other teams' message boards to find out that is true.

Don't confuse player dissatisfaction with team dissatisfaction. Two different things.

Just because they don't share your opinions doesn't mean they don't share your love for the Panthers.

Posted

What about those dirty scum of the earth Carolina Cowboy, Redskins, Steelers, Falcons, Bears and Eagles fans that haven't been converted yet?

If they want to become a Panther fan, should we accept them?

Now thats a great question

F their teams and their fans

Posted

THAT'S how they support their team. You never heard a Cowboys fan or a Steelers fan do the same thing? Fans like that are not exclusive to this franchise and you can browse other teams' message boards to find out that is true.

Don't confuse player dissatisfaction with team dissatisfaction. Two different things.

Just because they don't share your opinions doesn't mean they don't share your love for the Panthers.

I wouldn't question their Panther devotion, just their way of expressing it :)

Posted

How much of a change did TB's win in 02 make to their fanbase?