Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible Receivers for us

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

we definitely need to address receiver in the draft, I'm hoping we do it with our pick in the 2nd, but if there is a solid d end(cause pep is leaving) or d tackle we might take them instead. Here are some receivers that might be available to us where we pick, let me know your thoughts:

Brandon Lafell
Dezmon Briscoe (my personal favorite)
maybe golden tate
damian williams

benn will be gone in the first, and i think d. thomas from georgia tech will be too considering reports he ran a 4.38 at his size.
We need another playmaker!

Posted · Report post

Demariyus Thomas now has a broken foot. He will not be running a 4.38 at the combine. I still like Golden Tate and Benn the most. I think both are immediate impact guys if they go to the right team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15']Demariyus Thomas now has a broken foot. He will not be running a 4.38 at the combine. I still like Golden Tate and Benn the most. I think both are immediate impact guys if they go to the right team.[/QUOTE]

Thomas ran a 4.38 before he broke his foot according to his agent; I think that is what the OP is refereeing to.

Other than Dez Bryant, any WR is possible. It’s hard to gauge the value of any player until the combine/pro days are over.

Posted · Report post

I like Dezmon Briscoe. I would also be happy if we got Riley Cooper in the later rounds. He's a good blocker.

Posted · Report post

Look for Andre Roberts name to pop up. Played at the Citadel but had an impressive Senior Bowl week. Plus he's a local kid; and went to a military school. So should have his attitude straight.

Posted · Report post

I don't know...should we draft a WR or defensive end in the second round?

Posted · Report post

Mardy Gilyard
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lafell will probably be gone by the time we pick as well as Tate. Tate would be worth trying to trade up to pick though. But I would be happy with us taking Shipley and investing a late round pick in Floridas Brandon Jones or LSU's Holliday who are both extremely quick players who would be huge assets to us in the return game which is extremely important with out run focused offense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GreatPoupon']Mardy Gilyard[/QUOTE]

This.

He is a threat at KR/PR and WR. But will he be there when we pick, and we will we actually choose a WR in the second?
I hope so.

Posted · Report post

i would pass on gilyard and look and antonio brown later. i like brown a bit more actually. another option is ford who may slip to the 3rd and currently is a 3rd/4th grade who would be fine as a returner and tons of potential at wr.

of the 2nd round wrs, i like briscoe and lafell more than gilyard. both will be good long term.

Posted · Report post

Andre Roberts please. Kid is amazing. He'll do great things no matter where he goes.

Doubt we'll get him in the second, but should be there in the third.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='edward teach']This.

He is a threat at KR/PR and WR. But will he be there when we pick, and we will we actually choose a WR in the second?
I hope so.[/QUOTE]

there are several decent WR that could slide to us. i think we choose one of them or a DE. never know what the panthers will do though, many times they end up picking BPA for some depth. WR has to be near the top of our needs list.
i think gilyard could make an impact at both WR and KR. either way i think we need a wideout that fills both those roles. someone early with talent preferrably. we've already got plenty of later rounders with "potential" (ryne robinson)