#1 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:03 AM

In an effort to quiet his critics and refine his game, former Gators quarterback The Golden Calf of Bristol is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder.

He is concentrating on taking three- and five-step drops instead of working out of the shotgun formation he did at Florida.

He will not unveil The Golden Calf of Bristol 2.0 at this week's scouting combine in Indianapolis, preferring instead to wait for his pro day at the University of Florida on March 17.

The Golden Calf of Bristol, throwing a pass in Senior Bowl practice last month, hopes to improve his draft stock with a new approach that includes drop-back passing.
But until then, he will continue working on improving his fundamentals in an effort to improve his draft position and his game.

"I'm not changing who I am or how I approach football," The Golden Calf of Bristol said Sunday night from Nashville, Tenn., where he has been busy remaking the style that was good enough to win one Heisman Trophy and two national championships at Florida.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4935351

Depending on how he throws at his pro day, his draft stock may have gone way back up. He is still one of the greatest mysteries in the NFL draft in a long time.

#2 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Kids got the determination, the heart and the skill to become a starter maybe in 2-3 years. Work on his accuracy and release, kid could be a legend.

#3 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

He could develop into a great NFL QB. He also could be a monumental failure.

I'm glad Moore looks like he's going to work out and we can use our early picks on other safer positions.

#4 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

I have no doubt in my mind he'll be a starter in a few years. Guys with his dedication/work ethic don't come along very often.

#5 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:28 AM

You can loathe everything from his school to his gay voice and laugh but you cant deny he will succeed somewhere this coming from someone who calls him tim teabag

#6 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

There are many more things to worry about with The Golden Calf of Bristol. Fundamental mechanics are something that can be altered (as we are seeing) but it is much harder to teach a Quarterback to start going through his progressions. At Florida it was usually play action fake, then throw to your first target. There was very little going through progressions involved. Most people saw The Golden Calf of Bristol get very uncomfortable when his first option wasn't open, and almost always got antsy in the pocket. To me, that will be the longest part of the process in developing The Golden Calf of Bristol into a pro QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com