Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More colorful commentary from Mike Florio

48 posts in this topic

Posted

At some point the masses are going to have to reconcile with the fact Florio has hit the big time. Is featured on NBC's Sunday Football Night In America and is probably the best source for current NFL news day to day.

Just sayin'.

I'm sure Zod would kill to have his page hits.

Posted

I can't put that generalization on every player. I know some guys don't perform well in practice/games b/c they don't prepare or put in work - it's been said Dwayne Jarrett is one of those guys.

In basketball, talk has come up recently about Josh Howard, former Wake Forest star and Maverick, now injured Wizard, had missed games in Dallas due to hangovers. There's rumors he partied too much and missed games, etc. The guy was an all-star and considered a top SF in the game a few years ago, the last couple years, he's been an afterthought. He's another guy I would say falls into that category - guys that don't prepare and their performance shows it. It makes sense.

But, as an athlete, I know sometimes, just b/c a guy doesn't perform well in practice or games it's not always due to a lack of preparation. No doubt, putting in that prep work sets you up for nothing but success. But, some guys put in that work, yet there is still a disconnect.

I attribute that to a mental or confidence issue. There were rumors that Moore wasn't knowledgeable of the playbook, so who knows which category he falls under if he hasn't shown out in practice?

From what I have read and what I think I know about backups in any sport, most slack off somewhat thinking that since there wasn't a competition and Jake would play, why kill it to sit the bench. Hopefully knowing that he has a great chance to start this year, he gives it his all right off the bat and bust his butt all the time. I can't see how the job isn't his if he does.

Posted

From what I have read and what I think I know about backups in any sport, most slack off somewhat thinking that since there wasn't a competition and Jake would play, why kill it to sit the bench. Hopefully knowing that he has a great chance to start this year, he gives it his all right off the bat and bust his bust all the time. I can't see how the job isn't his if he does.

Agreed. Hopefully he makes the decision an easy one during TC, although I think it should be his no matter what at this point.

Posted

Bottom line: Hurney's not going to announce who the starting QB is at a press conference in February... come on guys.

Excately!! There is zero, none, absolutely no benefit what so ever to talk about who the starting QB will be next season right now.

Posted

LMAO I love how he also refered to John Fox as the GM. I told you guys Foxy is the one running the show.

1 person likes this

Posted

At least this one makes sense.

Posted

If Jake does end up starting he better be on the shortest MF leash known to mankind. AKA the leash Rodney Peete had.

Go Panthers

Posted

I don't want to hear Moore is starting. I want to hear them say they are getting rid of Jake and are working on obtaining picks to bring in fresh competition. Or something along those lines, anything at all. They aren't going to tell us any of that either but right now all they leave you with is the feeling that to them Jake is a strong, viable option which scares the poo out of me.

The only way Jake is not on the team is if he gets hurt or retires.

Posted

LMAO I love how he also refered to John Fox as the GM. I told you guys Foxy is the one running the show.

So, out of the entire article and the entire situation, the best you can come up with is a typo or oversight by the author?

Typical GMan....adds absolutely nothing to another thread.

Posted

I was just going to post that. Funny stuff.

Posted

So, out of the entire article and the entire situation, the best you can come up with is a typo or oversight by the author?

Typical GMan....adds absolutely nothing to another thread.

What happened there maddie? The "ignore button" not working anymore? I knew sooner or later you would cave in. Once you make friends with gman he stays your friend for life

Posted

Excately!! There is zero, none, absolutely no benefit what so ever to talk about who the starting QB will be next season right now.

Thank you, even the press person asking that question knows it's a throw-away question... but they have to ask it.