Photo
- - - - -

Not being a big player in free agency? JESUS CHRIST DIE JERRY RICHARDSON YOU BASTARD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
147 replies to this topic

#145 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

I mean listen you can't apply supply and demand econ 101 market theory to free agency.

If the market decides you're going to have to pay out the nose for like steve tauscher, you don't do it.

#146 necroplasm

necroplasm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

Free Agency is so tight this year. I prey we draft really well.

#147 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

I mean listen you can't apply supply and demand econ 101 market theory to free agency.

If the market decides you're going to have to pay out the nose for like steve tauscher, you don't do it.

Unless you're the Redskins.

#148 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:09 AM

Fans never see free agency the way owners and GMs do. We're like kids wanting the excitement of a shiny new toy, and when free agency hits, the proverbial store is open. They, of course, are the guys who actually have to make the business run, and as such they have to count the costs of everything they do.

I wouldn't say they've been all that much less or more successful than a lot of other teams, honestly. Every team has its successes and flops. We know more about the Panthers because we follow them more closely, but if we looked at it objectively I don't know that we'd be all that far from anyone else.

Under Fox and Hurney, the team has usually chosen to focus on role players and castoffs. A few big name signings, yes, but never the big splash. And they're not alone in that. There are other teams who do the same.

Worth noting that per reports, the team has let its Pro Personnel department pretty much fritter away to nothing. It's basically just Mark Koncz and a couple of guys now. They're putting their big focus on the draft, which is a perfectly viable approach.

(it just doesn't make for fun offseasons like the Redskin fans get)