Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lout's Mock

26 posts in this topic

Posted

The panthers were also talking to Daryl washington but his stock is on the rise.

Posted

The panthers were also talking to Daryl washington but his stock is on the rise.

Another great cover 2 LB prospect, I didn't hear about him, but I am gald to hear they talked to him. He reminds me of a poor man's Thomas Davis. He is kind of a tweener.. a LB in a safety's body. He will need to put about 10lbs of muscle on but he would be a very good LB in our system.

His stock is at a high 3rd round pick and is slipping into the 2nd round, so we might have to take him in the 2nd round which would be a reach at this point..

Posted

Why no DT??

Posted

Like the Selvie grab at 4.

Sorry Squirrel, No WVU player predictions for you this year. Ever since we didn't take Darius Reynaud in UDFA, I am careful not to get your hopes up anymore.. haha.

Posted

Sorry Squirrel, No WVU player predictions for you this year. Ever since we didn't take Darius Reynaud in UDFA, I am careful not to get your hopes up anymore.. haha.

What about Jarret brown for Squirrel?:D

Posted

Why no DT??

DT is very low on our needs list now...

Posted

Another great cover 2 LB prospect, I didn't hear about him, but I am gald to hear they talked to him. He reminds me of a poor man's Thomas Davis. He is kind of a tweener.. a LB in a safety's body. He will need to put about 10lbs of muscle on but he would be a very good LB in our system.

His stock is at a high 3rd round pick and is slipping into the 2nd round, so we might have to take him in the 2nd round which would be a reach at this point..

He'd be a good SLB prospect. Everybody had him in the middle but it became more and more obvious he'll be on the outside.

Posted

Why no DT??

The panthers FO kind of bolstered the DT corps last season already.. they spent a 5th round pick on aquiring Tank Tyler, so essentially they already took a DT in the draft. Also, picked up Leonard via waivers. That's why I don't have them taking another one.

Posted

The panthers FO kind of bolstered the DT corps last season already.. they spent a 5th round pick on aquiring Tank Tyler, so essentially they already took a DT in the draft. Also, picked up Leonard via waivers. That's why I don't have them taking another one.

We traded for Leonard too...

We have draft picks invested in Leonard, Tyler, Hayden, Irvin, still got Damione, haven't officially parted ways with Kemo, and signed Ed Johnson...

That's 7, at least 5 of which I expect to be here at the start of training camp...

It's possible we take one later on if the right one is there, but doubtful...

Posted

We traded for Leonard too...

We have draft picks invested in Leonard, Tyler, Hayden, Irvin, still got Damione, haven't officially parted ways with Kemo, and signed Ed Johnson...

That's 7, at least 5 of which I expect to be here at the start of training camp...

It's possible we take one later on if the right one is there, but doubtful...

My sentiments exactly.. We are over crowded at DT. The Panthers FO brought in so many DTs so that we would not have to draft any this year and we can pay attention to other needs.

Posted

I still think we could use another NT or a UT...

Posted

I still think we could use another NT or a UT...

I kind of feel like that that to, only because we don't have any premier DTs, but it's a numbers game. I just don't think we will take 3 DTs in this draft.