Photo
- - - - -

Fox getting teary eyed while talking about Jake's release...

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Have you ever had to fire a good friend that did everything you ever asked them to do to the best of their ability? The NFL may be a harsh business, but that doesn't mean everybody involved has to be completely heartless.

Bosses should not become "good friends" with their employees if keeping the company in peak competitive condition is a priority. It clouds sound decision making in business. You may find yourself making a piss poor decision over and over again just to avoid an awkward and hurtful personal situation.

Sound familiar?

#17 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

Have you ever had to fire a good friend that did everything you ever asked them to do to the best of their ability? The NFL may be a harsh business, but that doesn't mean everybody involved has to be completely heartless.

He was asked to be a turnover machine? Damn, our FO must be retarded.

#18 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

When u start getting personal with your employees is when you get screwed. If you are worrying about your personal relationships with your employees over making sure your business is running correctly than you are doing something truly wrong.

#19 Butterflyj30

Butterflyj30

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

Poor John Fox :cryin:

#20 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

Yeah it sucks that our coach cares about people and players. I'd rather have a coach that has 0 relationship and no respect going either way.

#21 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:31 PM

Bosses should not become "good friends" with their employees if keeping the company in peak competitive condition is a priority. It clouds sound decision making in business. You may find yourself making a piss poor decision over and over again just to avoid an awkward and hurtful personal situation.

Exactly. That's business 101. And like it or not, the NFL is a business...BIG business. Keep the fraternization to a minimum.

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Yeah it sucks that our coach cares about people and players. I'd rather have a coach that has 0 relationship and no respect going either way.

Yeah, because players sure do respect a head coach that keeps starting god awful players because they are BFF.

;)

#23 cheynehowell

cheynehowell

HE WILL HUSH THE HATERS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Does anybody have a link to a clip of this

#24 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Delhomme was a big part of the franchise for a very long time I don't see a problem with Fox getting teary eyed. Most of you didn't have a problem with it when Minter left the game. Just because his talented is faded doesn't mean we can't recognize what he's been for not just the franchise, but the team and players as well. That being said Moore should have been playing since week 3 last season, and he should have seen time vs the cardinals. Delhomme held us back as a player and it's time to move on.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 05 March 2010 - 12:36 PM.

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

No it was just on the 12:00 news

#26 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

This has been hell week for Fox/Delhomme slurpers :rofl:

#27 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, because players sure do respect a head coach that keeps starting god awful players because they are BFF.

;)

It's your opinion that he started Jake because they are BFFs. That is not a fact. ;)

#28 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

LOL at all you internet tough guys. Every last one of you would have been crying like a 10yr old girl if you were in the same situation. This is not a company like GM, this is more like the military where you make friends that you would literally die for if you had to. I guess you big ole manly men wouldn't know anything about that though.

BTW, how many of you watched Mike Minter's retirement PC? JR could barely even talk so I guess he's a pussy too, right?

#29 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,646 posts

Delhomme was a big part of the franchise for a very long time I don't see a problem with Fox getting teary eyed. Most of you didn't have a problem with it when Minter left the game. Just because his talented is faded doesn't mean we can't recognize what he's been for not just the franchise, but the team and players as well. That being said Moore should have been playing since week 3 last season, and he should have seen time vs the cardinals. Delhomme held us back as a player and it's time to move on.

Fox cried when Minter left? :shocked:

#30 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

:iagree:

I've grown as tired with Fox's blind loyalty as everyone else, but it's nice to see a coach who cares for his players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.