• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:14 AM

Do you think the Panthers should erect a statue outside BOA Stadium of Jake Delhomme? Thoughts..

Edited by KatsAzz, 06 March 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#2 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh you're serious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#3 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

yes, all he's done for this franchise before that dreaded playoff game against the cardinals, he deserves 1

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:19 AM

Im going to burn the mothrrf**ker down

Edited by Panthro, 06 March 2010 - 09:22 AM.

#5 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

In going to burn the mothrrf**ker down

After the presser he gave I don't think a statue of a pussy would go over well with the general public.

#6 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

Why would we give a statue to a mediocre QB? Why would we give him the same honor bestowed upon Sam Mills? If we gave Jake a statue, what would that say about how pathetic our franchise has become?

#7 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

please delete this thread quickly.

I don't want anyone other than panther fans to see this

#8 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

nope. Maybe if we get a ring of honor or something.. But definitely no statue.... not even a plaque.

#9 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

My God no. The Stautes should be reserved for all time greats. I don't even think Mills should have one, and I loved Sam Mills.

#10 DeAngelo Beason

DeAngelo Beason

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

Why would we give him the same honor bestowed upon Sam Mills?

The Sam Mills who only played 2 years for us? That Sam Mills? Come on man 2 years is nothing. He was a monster in those 2 years but I don't think it's smart comparing him and guys like Delhomme, Minter, Kasay, hell even Peppers. These are guys that are basically career Panthers.

Jake Delhomme is one of the most influential players we ever had. His day is done here but I firmly believe he's right up there with guys like Mike Minter, John Kasay and Sam Mills, who all did great things for the team. When we signed him, we FINALLY became perennial playoff contenders. And he did it for 7 years... well... 6 years.

The guy is gone now. People need to stop hating him. He's not our problem anymore.

#11 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:42 AM

Damn that'd be an ugly a** statue. Can you imagine Jake's goofy mug in front of BOA stadium for all time?

#12 DeAngelo Beason

DeAngelo Beason

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Damn that'd be an ugly a** statue. Can you imagine Jake's goofy mug in front of BOA stadium for all time?

Heheh that's actually a really good point. Maybe I should rescind my earlier statements. :D

#13 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

The Sam Mills who only played 2 years for us? That Sam Mills? Come on man 2 years is nothing. He was a monster in those 2 years but I don't think it's smart comparing him and guys like Delhomme, Minter, Kasay, hell even Peppers. These are guys that are basically career Panthers.

Jake Delhomme is one of the most influential players we ever had. His day is done here but I firmly believe he's right up there with guys like Mike Minter, John Kasay and Sam Mills, who all did great things for the team. When we signed him, we FINALLY became perennial playoff contenders. And he did it for 7 years... well... 6 years.

The guy is gone now. People need to stop hating him. He's not our problem anymore.

You forget Sam Mills was also a GREAT LB coach for us after he played here, and he did soo much in the community before he died. You could also make a case for Minter being there, but not Jake. EVER. It's not about hating him, I like him as a person, and would love to see him come back here in some capacity, like the local radio station. He is not, however, deserving of a statue.

#14 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:53 AM

Posted Image

#15 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

I dont think too much that he was a bad QB but he just wasnt a good one. For the last 3-4 seasons he played he seemed to try to force way to many throws that only Peyton Manning would be able to make and thats what killed him, so the thought of putting up a statue is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard, sorry man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.