Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statue For Jake Delhomme

91 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Do you think the Panthers should erect a statue outside BOA Stadium of Jake Delhomme? Thoughts..

Posted · Report post

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh you're serious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted · Report post

yes, all he's done for this franchise before that dreaded playoff game against the cardinals, he deserves 1

Posted · Report post

Im going to burn the mothrrf**ker down

Posted · Report post

In going to burn the mothrrf**ker down

After the presser he gave I don't think a statue of a pussy would go over well with the general public.

Posted · Report post

Why would we give a statue to a mediocre QB? Why would we give him the same honor bestowed upon Sam Mills? If we gave Jake a statue, what would that say about how pathetic our franchise has become?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

please delete this thread quickly.

I don't want anyone other than panther fans to see this

Posted · Report post

nope. Maybe if we get a ring of honor or something.. But definitely no statue.... not even a plaque.

Posted · Report post

My God no. The Stautes should be reserved for all time greats. I don't even think Mills should have one, and I loved Sam Mills.

Posted · Report post

Why would we give him the same honor bestowed upon Sam Mills?

The Sam Mills who only played 2 years for us? That Sam Mills? Come on man 2 years is nothing. He was a monster in those 2 years but I don't think it's smart comparing him and guys like Delhomme, Minter, Kasay, hell even Peppers. These are guys that are basically career Panthers.

Jake Delhomme is one of the most influential players we ever had. His day is done here but I firmly believe he's right up there with guys like Mike Minter, John Kasay and Sam Mills, who all did great things for the team. When we signed him, we FINALLY became perennial playoff contenders. And he did it for 7 years... well... 6 years.

The guy is gone now. People need to stop hating him. He's not our problem anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Damn that'd be an ugly a** statue. Can you imagine Jake's goofy mug in front of BOA stadium for all time?

Posted · Report post

Damn that'd be an ugly a** statue. Can you imagine Jake's goofy mug in front of BOA stadium for all time?

Heheh that's actually a really good point. Maybe I should rescind my earlier statements. :D