• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cold Cat

Cold Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

So I went to the international bowl in canada yesterday. It was UCONN vs. Buffalo. It was actually a pretty decent game. UCONN maybe attempted 5 passes all game and ran for almost 400 yrds. UB was stale on offense but there special teams were awesome. They forced 5 fumbles on punts and kickoffs. Those turnovers are what kept them in the game.

The reason i'm posting this is because I had UCONN fans in front of me and UB fans behind me. We all talked about the playoffs during the game. One of the UCONN fans said yeah I heard that maybe the titans and panthers would play each other in the SB. He said they are good teams to bad they have no fans. I stood up and said they have no fans huh? I show'd him my panthers hat and asked him which nfl team he liked. He said the Giants. But he couldn't even tell me who shot himself this season and he actually said that "manning is our qb you know pey.. i mean eli." I asked him if he'd ever left the North east for anything he said no. I told him about this site and about how spread out our fanbase actually is. Once I was done ripping him a new one he said he'd check out the panthers.

#2 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

The most provincial people I've met have been from Chicago and New York.

#3 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

hahaha that's funny!

Last Blue Jays game I saw a guy rocking a black Peppers jersey!!

Not to mention my whole family (die hard Panthers fans) were sitting like 10 rows in front of him...we're all over...quietly :-)

I wish I could take to Go Train to the SkyDome! Man, I love Toronto!

ps - don't ever call it the Rogers Centre...not cool ;-)

Wish UB could have pulled it off...oh well...

#4 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

My alma mater made it to a bowl game! :hurray: Then lost it! :cryin:

We didn't even have any teams when I graduated. :(

So what did the UB fans say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.