98 replies to this topic

#31 TouchMeNot97

TouchMeNot97

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

This thread reminds me of this train of thought:

I've been getting 45mpg with this great new ride I have, and have now racked up 20,000 miles on my car and tires, so I'm gonna pull over, take off a tire and save it for when I get further down the road, so I don't wear them all out at once so quickly, and be prepared just in case I have a flat.

10 miles down the road...what did you have to replace next?

:D :rofl:

Wow you are dumb! You are happy with getting 45mpg when with a little improvement you can get 50 to 60mpg when it counts the most.

What you need to realize is that the regular season is a marathon and the playoffs are a the last 100 meters where you need to sprint. You do what you can stay in the race during the marathon by staying consistent (playing Jones) but when you get to the last 100 meters you bring out all of the guns and go all out (playing Smith at punt returner). Hope this makes sense to you but I doubt it.

#32 TouchMeNot97

TouchMeNot97

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

With that same thought process we'd also deactivate Lloyd because he only handles kickoffs...... I would NOT deactivate Mark, our return game is back to being respectable..... remember last year........ TERRIBLE....

No we keep Lloyd active, because we dont have a good replacement for him (Kasay can't kick that far). You can't honestly tell me that you think that Smith and Stewart couldn't do what Jones is doing.

#33 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Wow you are dumb! You are happy with getting 45mpg when with a little improvement you can get 50 to 60mpg when it counts the most.

What you need to realize is that the regular season is a marathon and the playoffs are a the last 100 meters where you need to sprint. You do what you can stay in the race during the marathon by staying consistent (playing Jones) but when you get to the last 100 meters you bring out all of the guns and go all out (playing Smith at punt returner). Hope this makes sense to you but I doubt it.

:cuss: :leaving:

Go find a video game to play somewhere please.....and you got about one more "dumb"....and I am coming with guns a blazing......jackass.

#34 Kse50

Kse50

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

No way in hell I want Jon or Steve getting hurt.

As for Jones, I like his toughness. I get a feeling he's going to take one back eventually.

#35 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

Yes by all means lets do exactly the opposite of what gained us our success.

#36 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

I doubt we activate an extra wide reciever. Does Jones play on any of the coverage units? If he does its a definite no.

#37 goodlay

goodlay

Moore than a backup

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hackett is pretty awful, so I would keep Mark Jones, and activate Jarrett over Hackett.

#38 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Wait who said to come out passing 80% of the time, and play good defense?

#39 mwandmw

mwandmw

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

I get your point, especially since Hacktt actually made a catch or two last week. However, I think you dance with what got you there..... It's an interesting thought to get a roster spot... We might need the spot for the D Line if things keep happening.....
Any you are right, I can't honestly tell you that Smith or Stew couldn't do what Jones is doing..... of course, honesty may not be my strong suit!!!

Good post, makes us think!!

No we keep Lloyd active, because we dont have a good replacement for him (Kasay can't kick that far). You can't honestly tell me that you think that Smith and Stewart couldn't do what Jones is doing.

#40 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

Wait who said to come out passing 80% of the time, and play good defense?

I bet it wasn't Mark Jones, so I say deactivate that sumbeech.

#41 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Exactly!

Don't forget, too, that Mark Jones has caught a couple of 3rd down passes himself.

Has he dropped a ball yet this year?

#42 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

:rofl: :D

#43 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'd rather reactivate our defense.

#44 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hackett is pretty awful [...]

Now why would you say a thing like that?

#45 TouchMeNot97

TouchMeNot97

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

:cuss: :leaving:

Go find a video game to play somewhere please.....and you got about one more "dumb"....and I am coming with guns a blazing......jackass.

I never said I was in favor of this strategy but it was just an idea that I had that I wanted to share and get your guys opinion. You attacked me by saying it was dumb so I came back to more arguments to which you have not replied directly except to say I should go play videogames (very original btw). I see where you and everybody else is coming from and it makes sense, but I also think my idea makes sense and is very plausible. Mark Jones has not hurt us this year (except for one play where the ball bounced of his leg) and has done a lot of good but he is not a playmaker the way Steve and Stewart are. He has had many chances this year to break a long run and has been tackled by a kicker/punter. Now don't get me wrong, it's a great thing that it has come to the point where the punter/kicker were forced to tackle him but there is no way in hell that either Stewart or Smitty would be tackled by them. That's points on the board that we could of had. Also for everybody that thinks we couldn't fall behind to the point where we would have to throw and would need 4 WRs, it is very possible next week. We saw last week that a good passing offense can put 21 points on us in a quarter. Next week we have probably the best passing offense coming into our house so it could happen. But I really hope it doesn't. Again this thread was to start a discussion about a possible strategy that we could try. I wanted to get everybodies opinion on this and 9lives you started this whole "dumb" talk so if you can't talk like an adult don't bother replying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com