Photo
- - - - -

Reality check for the Tar Holes!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Not really, I just wanted to do this because of the dellusional Caroilna fan that started the same thread about Duke losing to Michigan. Good win for Boston College, pretty meaninless loss for Carolina. However, I must admit that I always have fun seeing Roy squirming around like a 6 year old.:D

#2 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

Damnit, i just posted a thread within seconds of this -.-

#3 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

The real test for the Tarheels comes Wednesday night when they face the red hot College of Charleston Cougars...

#4 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,696 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

Go cougs!

#5 DSSB v2.0

DSSB v2.0

Mr. Phil Deez

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Dear Roy,
Noone's perfect.:reddevil:

#6 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

So when Duke loses, Carolina fans come out like ants at a picnic....is the internet down or something?

#7 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

So when Duke loses, Carolina fans come out like ants at a picnic....is the internet down or something?

I'm a big Carolina fan, but I didn't say anything when dook lost. It happens. Did Carolina have a chance to go undefeated? I suppose they did however slim that chance was. But now they aren't undefeated anymore so maybe the pressure of going undefeated will go away.

Truth is, Carolina will likely lose 1 maybe even two more conference games, the same goes for Dook, Wake Forest, and Clemson. Noobdy is running away with the ACC title and nobody is going undefeated.

#8 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

Not really, I just wanted to do this because of the dellusional Caroilna fan that started the same thread about Duke losing to Michigan. Good win for Boston College, pretty meaninless loss for Carolina. However, I must admit that I always have fun seeing Roy squirming around like a 6 year old.:D

i'm the "delusional fan" (one "L") this joker is talking about. it was a tough loss. rice is a phenomenal player. any acc loss hurts. not sure what i was delusional about... i was talking about dook's play not how good unc is. i never believed for one second unc could go undefeated. should be a nice wake up call for the players. regardless, it's still football season!
GO PANTHERS!

:cheers2:

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Thank god it's still football season and we're still in the playoffs, otherwise I'd probably be taking a loss at home to BC ALOT harder. Funny how that works.

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,324 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

How is it meaningless? They lost at home to an unranked team. Lose a few more and this one might hurt them at seeding time.

#11 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

I honestly never would have imagined Carolina losing to BC at Chapel Hill, I could understand them losing at BC, but I figured a home loss would have come from the likes of Wake or Duke not BC.

I did not get to see the game, because of asshats I call friends let me know the final score before I could watch the Tivo'd version of the game.

So, I cannot say if it was cockiness or the shots were just not falling or maybe both.

I just looked at the stats.....55% from the free throw line....no wonder they lost

Edited by Tweeder, 04 January 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,324 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

Well, I am an optimistic Wake fan, but I don't think we will beat you in Chapel Hill this year.

Probably because we do not play you guys in Chapel Hill this year. :)

You do have a game with us Jan 11th in Winston.

#13 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Im predicting two ACC losses to start the season with the second one coming AT Wake next sunday...The Joel is going to be a hard place to win this season and Wake has the athletes to keep up with the Heels. It would be funny to see them at the bottom of the ACC standings wouldn't it.

#14 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

As a Huge Duke fan... I would have to say watching Carolina lose yesterday was a huge thrill to me, but in all reality, its the ACC... and in the toughest conference of all basketball it was to be expected, any team can win any night, its just that kind of game. Carolina did post a rally and didn't really deserve the win if in fact they did win. I would have to say though, them going to Wake will be a really intriguing matchup next Sunday. I really dont see Carolina losing more then 3-4 in the ACC with Duke about the same, with Clemson and Wake being undefeated this looks like another crazy year in the ACC... The lost yesterday wasn't a huge defeat for the TarHeels, it just shows they are vulnerable and can be beat, they are still one of the best teams in the country and do not be surprised to see them going deep in March...

#15 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:45 PM

I tried to post last night but couldn't. Good game by BC and they deserved the win. They had nothing to lose, played loose, and pulled it off...For the Heels, they looked lackidasical from the start, and when you miss all the FT's they did, as well as clanking wide-open shots in the last five minutes (BC did their best to give it away) that kinda thing happens. This team needed a crapper like this to get refocused. Wake will be tough next Sunday, though.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com