Photo
- - - - -

wow.....,

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,917 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

Being able to generate a running game where there wasn't one is definite improvement.

#17 dksmith17

dksmith17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

hmm 10pts? Sorta fishy spread IMO. Vegas are tempting people to take the Cards which means they will get blown out.

#18 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Being able to generate a running game where there wasn't one is definite improvement.

I completely agree.

I think it needs to happen more than one game though to notch it as sustained improvement.

Carolina has improved its running game considerably since that game and there are numbers to back it up.

Arizona had luck against a team that can barely stop the run anyway. The attempts probably caught Atlanta off guard as much as it did everyone else. Especially when they stayed with it late.

Thy did look better and like they had improved if you look at the last game. But some, including me, are gonna take it as a fluke and even go so far as to say that the "running game" that they may consider and "improvement" actually will take away from their effectiveness as they are much better suited for a pass-first offense and believing they all of a sudden have a running game is uite possibly going to eff up the flow of what they have been forced to do since they overspent on Edgerrin James.

JMO though.

In any case I will argue that Carolina has improved much more as a team since the last meeting than Arizona has.

#19 Gum

Gum

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Hi, Cards fan here, been coming to your board past few years as we seem to play each other every year. 10 point spread does not surprise me based upon what we have done on the east coast this year. I will say that I prefer playing you guys rather then the Giants due to the weather.

As far as our running game, Edge has been reborn since being inserted into lineup two weeks a go. He has fresh legs and is running like he is playing for a new contract. Boldin is the big question mark, but if he can play, he will.

Our defense feeds off of emotion, and when they are on their game, they play really tough. The key is for our offense not to turn the ball over, as we allowed teams to score like 60% of the time after a turnover.

I am hoping for a good game and the feeling around Phoenix is that we have a shot with a rejuvinated running game to balance out our passing attack.

Here is to a good game.

#20 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

I don't get how that performance doesn't qualify as improvement.

Because they have been terrible on the road all year.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com