#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

this paragraph says enough:

... it would have been like Brett Favre being Aaron Rodgers' backup. We know that would not have been good. Several folks from around the league also don't think the Panthers will bring in a veteran to seriously challenge Moore, in part to avoid him feeling threatened or spur any locker-room division.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:21 PM

Once the decision was made to go with upstart Matt Moore, Panthers management and coaches pondered the notion of retaining Delhomme as the backup, but realized that would be worse than paying Delhomme $12.7 million to walk away, which they did. Delhomme is very popular among his teammates, even though a lot of them grew tired of his ineffectiveness on the field. His engaging personality made him a favorite throughout all levels of the franchise, which is why he had to go.

Had Delhomme been available when Moore made a mistake or two, locker-room division could have ensued quickly. Players could have taken sides and Delhomme definitely would have significant support. The coaching staff and management accurately realized that Delhomme couldn't be kept around for that reason alone, so it made the move to release him.

accurate.

#5 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

accurate.

:iagree:

#6 Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*

Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

first time I've watched the video; Jake is one of the few guys out there that 100% take fault. More guys need to be like that.

#7 thejimmy

thejimmy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

This does make perfect sense.

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

first time I've watched the video; Jake is one of the few guys out there that 100% take fault. More guys need to be like that.

Tell that to Keyshawn....

#9 Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*

Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:31 PM

Tell that to Keyshawn....

He could've easily blamed this or that or could've thrown his WR's under the bus, the OC under the bus, but he didn't. Easy to see why the team liked him so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.