#31 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,546 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

If only we had more time to train and more opporotunities to add more players.

poo, if only we had someone named "Khali" on our team presumably playing center who supposedly gets "manhandled".

#32 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

Y'all's reading comprehension is lacking a bit. He hasn't signed so he may not stick around. I hope he does but there must be something holding him back. I hope he comes back but you never know.

My understanding is that Hurney is waiting to see what the Panthers do with Fox. But even if Fox isn't extended, it's Hurney's job if he wants it.

#33 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

WHY do you people want him to stay? WHY WHY WHY?

I always see Huddle sheep baaaa'ing about how he's done so much good for the organization.....HOW? HOW? Give me some damn specifics and then try to explain how those specifics make him better than your average GM from around the league.

This time of year drives me nuts here. Throughout the season as the Panthers suck, people gradually see the light and call for Fox and/or Hurney to be fired. But let a few months pass and let Hurney say a few sweet nothings in your ear on the radio and all's forgiven.

#34 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:58 PM

Settle down, Sam. Not everyone is going to agree with you on all your views.

#35 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,546 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

WHY do you people want him to stay? WHY WHY WHY?

I always see Huddle sheep baaaa'ing about how he's done so much good for the organization.....HOW? HOW? Give me some damn specifics and then try to explain how those specifics make him better than your average GM from around the league.

This time of year drives me nuts here. Throughout the season as the Panthers suck, people gradually see the light and call for Fox and/or Hurney to be fired. But let a few months pass and let Hurney say a few sweet nothings in your ear on the radio and all's forgiven.

Yeah man what is it with the Huddle sheeple worshiping the Panthers organization instead of you and your knife drawer of malformed opinions.

#36 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Carolina Panthers; accepting mediocrity since 1995.

#37 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,513 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

You can argue a lot of things, but anybody that doesn't recognize Kalil as one of the best C's in the league really should stop posting. The O-Line is well taken care of as a whole.

#38 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,198 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:36 PM

Amazing how short term some memeries are around these parts.

This is no different than Hurney flashing tons o cash to delbong last year.

Ask yourself honestly where this team is right now?

QB - Pray that moore pans out. No backup
RB - Best position on team
FB - Sophmore no back up plan
WR - Terrible. Smith is down (He knows it. Told coaches he wanted to be a number 2) No viable 2nd or 3rd much less back up.
TE - Terrible. Just sticking someone in a whole.
Line - Ok though I truely believe Gross is one of the most over rated panthers. Wharton servicable, Khali is manhandled in half his games. Otah is great. Moved backup to starter. Now lack in depth.
DL - Pathetic....... Where do you start.
Lbs yes great Davis and Beason. Connor is not a starter though he will be forced into starting likely. Depth is gone.
CB - is ok, but as we have seen in the past if this team doesnt get pressure with its bums up front it doesnt matter.
FS - who knows im sure he doesnt either.
SS - Harris well see cbs, id bet he looks terrible this year as he will spend most of it in cover.

Kicking game - considering the lack of depth, loss of Lloyd and Kasay kicking off, this has to be the weakest group this team has ever had. Returner by committee again?

Come on guys we just dumped half the team, did nothing to replace anyone, raised ticket prices and offered the brains of it all another contract.............

How many draft picks does this team have, is there a direction? This team just pulled a Jake 2.0 and your ok with it?

QB - Moore will be solid. 6-2 is a pretty damn good start.
RB - Agreed
FB - Was drafted to take his place. Hard working and dedicated to being good what more can you ask for.
WR - Needs some help no doubt. This will be addressed before the season starts. I am not too worried.
TE- Terrible? As a trio over 700yds receiving. Part of the best Oline in the game.
OL - Oh sure they suck, whey we had 2 - 1100 yd rushers with mediocre line. WTF ever Kalil manhandled. Wow you must have some unique seats.
DL - We have talent they are just going to have to step up. Another position that will be improved in the draft
LB - Connors or Anderson will fill the role and keep this Trio as one of the best in the NFL
DB- Solid down to Nickel. Depth needs to be addressed
FS - Godfrey or Martin will be fine
SS - Harris is solid

Kicking Game Kasey solid FG, Punter adaquate but do need someone that can kick it deep

Overall I see your outlook as very pestimistic, hell more doom and gloom that belief in our front office. I think they have done well drafting and having young talent ready to fill.

It might not be as easy as I perceive it but it is no where near the end of days as you seem to believe.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008, 03 April 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#39 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,977 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

it sucks that the season starts next week.

The Panthers play baseball? no wonder they suck.

#40 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,671 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

you can argue a lot of things, but anybody that doesn't recognize kalil as one of the best c's in the league really should stop posting. The o-line is well taken care of as a whole.

USC ftw.

#41 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:48 AM

Hurney made a big mistake with Jake, but overall I think he's done a good job.

#42 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,546 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

Carolina Panthers; accepting mediocrity since 1995.

ahahaha our fans are such spoiled babies. Watching our fanbase deal with moderate disappointment is like watching a 16 year old lose his first girlfriend.

Edited by london67, 04 April 2010 - 09:07 AM.

#43 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,546 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

I mean if you can stop blasting "Cowboys From Hell" and punching your bedroom wall long enough to actually take a look at how the Panthers have drafted the last few years, you'd see this:

Offensive line: f**king stacked. Every starter next season will have been drafted by the Panthers

Quarterback: Definitely promising if not a sure thing

Running back: f**king stacked. Again, starter(s) drafted by the Panthers and there's undeniable talent all the way down the depth chart.

Fullback: Wait and see

Wide Receiver: A definite area of weakness after Steve Smith

TE: Solid if unspectacular. I feel like Moore can do more (hurrr) with these options than Delhomme ever did as evidenced by last season.

Linebacking corps: f**king stacked. All three starters on opening day 2010, again, will have been drafted by the Panthers. Thomas Davis was on a collision course with his first Pro Bowl before that freak ACL tear.

Defensive line: Kind of a question mark, particularly at the end spot, but it's nowhere near as awful or hopeless as some people here would have you believe. Louis Leonard played well before he went down and Tank Tyler has promise. Oh no so people might be able to run on us next season. What the f**k else is new.

Cornerback: As someone else said, solid down to the nickel spot. Munnerlyn was a great value pick.

FS: Godfrey came on strong at the end of last season. There's also a more than capable starter behind him.

SS: Chris Harris Chris Harris Chris Harris

Also you people need to stop assuming that Marty Hurney singlehandedly runs the scouting department for the Panthers. Don Gregory probably deserves a ton of credit for masterminding these recent drafts. oH BUTT JOKE DELHOMME AND JULUS PEPPEARS GAWD DAMMIT MARTY

Edited by london67, 04 April 2010 - 09:35 AM.

#44 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

ahahaha our fans are such spoiled babies. Watching our fanbase deal with moderate disappointment is like watching a 16 year old lose his first girlfriend.

That's a pretty brutal comparison. :willy_nilly:

#45 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hurney made a big mistake with Jake, but overall I think he's done a good job.

I would love to see the day when fans come to realize that the Jake extension was more about being able to actually sign some free agents and not about the loyalty to Jake.

With the franchising of Peppers, the Panthers had NO money to sign any free agents. Extending Jake's contract freed up some funds for the Panthers to sign free agents last year. Had there been a salary cap this year, Jake would still be a Panther and more than likely, the starter.

Considering most everyone believed 2010 would be an uncapped year, doing Jake's extension, in which he could be cut this year with little consequences, and allowed us to sign free agents last year, was a smart move to make last year.

Those of you who continue to bash Hurney for signing Jake to an extension are showing how little you know about the salary cap situation the Panthers were in last year.

Again, the extension was more about being able to sign free agents and draft picks last year than it was about Jake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.