Photo
- - - - -

Devils @ Canes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

NJ Devils (23-12-3) @ Carolina Hurricanes (20-15-5)

Devils come in 4-1 in their past 5 games while the canes come in riding a three game win streak.

Expect Cam Ward in net for the canes.

Brandon Sutter will be playing his father,Brent Sutter (head coach for the devils), for the first time.

I expect the Canes to come out quick and try to get the fans into it early. The D has been solid and Cam is finally consistantly good.

Predicted score: 4-2 Canes

By the way it's a Buy one get one free deal with a donation.

#2 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

F'n finally!!! Some Canes talk!

#3 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

Canes win 3-2 , would have been 4-2 if Ruutu hadn't wiffed on an easy goal.

Whitney, Samsanov and Ruutu with the Goals.

It was a 3-0 game into the third, the Devils scored on a PP with 7ish minutes to go where they pulled their goalie. Around 21ish seconds to go they did the same thing and scored but the canes held off.

Wardo had a great night a fantastic job locating rebounds.

Ruutu played well even with the whiff and Babchuk was my number one star of the game. Played a sound defensive game and yet joined on the rush with a beauty to ruutu for the goal on a 3 on 2. He had some good slapshots and did a good job pinching.

1* - Babchuk
2* - Ward
3* - Ruutu

#4 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

I tell you the character of this team is night and day from the beginning of the season. Our old team would have folded and we would have lost this one, but the way we are playing now. They can make the clutch stops. Plus there were a few that just missed the net. Sutter played great. Really put on a good show for his father. I really like the direction we are headed into as we get closer to the all star break! go canes!

#5 WolfPack

WolfPack

Sip it Grip it and Rip it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

Awesome, we got a 4 game streak going. I like it!!

#6 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

This was a really good win for the team. I'm getting confident in them again, I hope they don't follow their trend of the past few seasons by following up a good streak by sucking for 2 weeks.

#7 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

This was a really good win for the team. I'm getting confident in them again, I hope they don't follow their trend of the past few seasons by following up a good streak by sucking for 2 weeks.

If we can bang out a 6 or 7 game win streak, that's enough to get me confident in them again but if we can get torwards double digits than hell the whole league better watch out because by then we would be grabbing at the head of the Southeast.

#8 WolfPack

WolfPack

Sip it Grip it and Rip it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

Yeah we got a long way to go to catch up to the Crapitols at this point, they are playing as good as anyone. If they hit a skid we are hopefully going to get ourselves in a position to take advantage of it.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com