• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I've heard the exchange is adding $50 to the asking price of tix can anyone confirm or deny that?

#2 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

That's steep....haven't heard that :eek:

#3 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:38 PM

Check that I believe I got the real scoop, it's 20% not a flat $50. That's actually better than stubhub who gets 25%, 15% from the seller, and 10% from the buyer. However the ticket exchange has much less work to do, and is supposed to be a service to PSL owners 20% to list tix still seems steep.

#4 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

expect a big "screw you charge" at any of those online sites. I know from experiance.

#5 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

Ticketexchange goes ahead and adds their buyer fee on top of what the owner of the ticket is asking for them (at least with PSL owner tickets they do). I don't know the percentage offhand. So it's not quite such a surprise for the seller because I think what is listed is what they pay - unlike stubhub where your fees are added on top of that (easier to end up paying more than you want). Then ticketexchange charges the seller 10% of the selling price so the credit you get is 90% of what you asked for. I sold my MNF tickets with ticketexchange and I didn't have to do a thing - not even mail the tickets. They took care of canceling my number and e-mailing the buyer my tickets.

#6 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

I have a club level seat for sale on Ticketexchange that I can't use Saturday. I was surprised by the fees at first. They just tell you up front the fees as opposed to other sites where you don't see fees until you check out. I hope my tickets sells. I just want to recoup my money at this point. No one is buying clubs seats it seems and this is the playoffs. Oh well.

#7 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

With Ticketfast tickets can you email someone the attachment if you sell it to them other than sending it FEDEX or whatever?

#8 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:36 PM

20% is excessive no matter how you cut it, they charge the buyer $4.85 in service charges on top of that.

I can see justifying stubhubs 25% since they assume all the risk in ticket gaurantees, actually they're basically a clearing house for brokers, so it is what it is.

However ticketexchange/ticketmaster has 0 risk, it's their tickets re-issued through their system, so basically they profit on the tickets twice doing nothing more than re-printing them.

So basically the Panthers mark up playoff tix 40% over regular season prices, the owner marks the playoff tix up 90% (hoping for a large demand) then the exchange tacks on 20%... Yep that's where the insane prices are coming from, and why nothing is selling on ticket exchange.

To sale tix for a light demand game the PSL owner is going to need to to mark up no more than 10%.... for a total of 30% over playoff face, which is about what they are selling for on e-bay.

If anyone with a good pair of lowers is interested in pocketing that 20% instead of giving it to the exchange PM me :)

#9 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

I have a club level seat for sale on Ticketexchange that I can't use Saturday. I was surprised by the fees at first. They just tell you up front the fees as opposed to other sites where you don't see fees until you check out. I hope my tickets sells. I just want to recoup my money at this point. No one is buying clubs seats it seems and this is the playoffs. Oh well.

No one is buying much of anything at this point. Our market isn't big enough to fill BofA in this economy without competition with a big draw, that went out the window when ATL went down.

Yes it's a playoff game, but the stadium hasn't been full for month's, why anyone would think $300 + tickets would be in demand is beyond me.

#10 doghead28

doghead28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Yeah the fact that is Arizona is not helping.

#11 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:28 AM

No one is buying much of anything at this point. Our market isn't big enough to fill BofA in this economy without competition with a big draw, that went out the window when ATL went down.

Yes it's a playoff game, but the stadium hasn't been full for month's, why anyone would think $300 + tickets would be in demand is beyond me.

Things are selling on ticketexchange - I saw 2 tickets in section 132 go for $1111.00. Yep - that's what they sold for. I listed my tickets for sale, but really don't want to sell them so listed them for what I thought was an outrageous amount (not that high though). I checked on them a couple of days ago and saw that tickets were selling within $25 of what I was asking...so I raised my price. I'd be bummed if they do sell, but my entire invoice for next year would be mostly paid for if they do sell so I haven't totally removed them. Most likely I'd buy uppers if mine do go - if I lowered them just a little bit, I'm positive they would, I'm just not ready for that.

That is the interesting thing when you are a PSL holder - you do have the capability to see what some tickets are selling for (not just listed). They usually show you comparable ones to yours as well as what the lowest ones are selling for. I don't have clubs, so I haven't seen any of those sales listed on mine.

#12 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

Tickets are selling on ticketexchange - I saw 2 tickets in section 132 go for $1111.00. Yep - that's what they sold for.

That is the interesting thing when you are a PSL holder - you do have the capability to see what some tickets are selling for (not just listed). They usually show you comparable ones to yours as well as what the lowest ones are selling for. I don't have clubs, so I haven't seen any of those sales listed on mine. Comparable ones to mine are typcially selling between $450 and $650 each.

Edited by Go To Girl, 07 January 2009 - 06:36 AM.

#13 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

Things are selling on ticketexchange - I saw 2 tickets in section 132 go for $1111.00. Yep - that's what they sold for. I listed my tickets for sale, but really don't want to sell them so listed them for what I thought was an outrageous amount (not that high though). I checked on them a couple of days ago and saw that tickets were selling within $25 of what I was asking...so I raised my price. I'd be bummed if they do sell, but my entire invoice for next year would be mostly paid for if they do sell so I haven't totally removed them. Most likely I'd buy uppers if mine do go - if I lowered them just a little bit, I'm positive they would, I'm just not ready for that.

That is the interesting thing when you are a PSL holder - you do have the capability to see what some tickets are selling for (not just listed). They usually show you comparable ones to yours as well as what the lowest ones are selling for. I don't have clubs, so I haven't seen any of those sales listed on mine.

I didn't literally mean nothing is selling, I meant relatively nothing, I assumed that would be logically inferred.

Yes of course sideline premium tickets are selling high they're always a hot commodity. What I was referring to is the average ticket, there's been very little action since the weekend on ticketexchange or stubhub each have well over 2000 tickets remaining.

Also I don't know, but I bet your seeing comparables based on what they've been selling for since they went on last Thursday, it was a much hotter ticket then. Since Saturday night it's cooled considerably.

#14 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

No - it actually changes every time I log on based on current sales. I see it fluctuate quite a bit. I didn't realize it did that until recently, so now I log on just for grins to watch what is happening. 2 lowers popped up this morning as sold in the $200 range after I made that other post.

#15 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

I could get way more than enough to pay for my next years season tickets. It was tempting, being unemployed and all. I just can't do it. The rich dudes at the other end of my row let theirs go because their business is doing poorly. There will be a Panther fan in MY seat. ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.