Photo
- - - - -

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
149 replies to this topic

#16 powellj1

powellj1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Darin Gantt via Twitter:

Quote:
Just got a text from an NFC personnel man after the Panthers drafted Armanti: "Sh*t. I wanted Edwards."
2 minutes ago via web

yeah the last part of that text said in the 6th round.

awful pick. Fvuk you hurney

#17 Guest_silver82blade_*

Guest_silver82blade_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. great college player yes. possible wr convert sure, but basicly a 2nd rounder, um not just no, but HELL no.

the other picks were risky with high rewards, this one is over the top and a huge reach in the 3rd, much less using a 2nd to get it. last year the brown pick was basicly like picking hughes so that worked out. tell me which qb convert is gona be worth a 2nd next year? yeah it happens (matt coke head jones in the 1st comes to mind), but its rare. this pick is epic fail, the others have boom bust written all over them, as does this pick. this could be the best or worst draft in panthers history right now, but this pick is gona bite hard considering the value we gave up for a 5th round guy......

antwaan randle el was a 2nd round pick. get with the program. this is great. it adds a dimension to our offense that few teams have. think of the gimmick plays we can do with this guy. we can design a whole package for this guy at qb alone.

#18 GoDaddyGo

GoDaddyGo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

One thing to remember, we are going to get a least a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Peppers. So we have a 1st and two thirds next year. Whah.

#19 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

#20 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

like the guy, HATE the trade. I do believe in the Panthers front office and I bet he would have been gone by our next pick, but man a second rounder just hurts to lose.

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Funny- the NFLN guys liked itand so do I. He's a very versitile, multi-dimensional physical freak.

I LOVE this pick and no I'm not an App fan.

#22 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

idk who this guy is, but I hope he can play right away.

#23 crunkpanther

crunkpanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

This guy is, no exaggeration, as big a playmaker as there was in this draft.

I'll repeat: there is no bigger playmaker. Not Spiller, not Dez Bryant, not anybody.

The idea he would have been there in the fifth or sixth is ridiculous. That reminds me of when people swore there was no way Chris Johnson would go in the first. If you want a guy with that much raw talent, you have to grab them. Guys from those smaller schools always get overlooked in the mocks, but NFL scouts are well aware of them.

If Edwards does nothing more than run half-dozen wildcat/smoke screen plays a game, he will be worth it. And that's not counting what he potentially could bring to the table as a returner or slot receiver.

Huge, terrific value pick.

#24 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

Was surprised to see us trade up with a 2nd round pick to get him, but I'm glad to see we got him.

BTW... no 2nd round next year won't matter much if there is a lockout.

#25 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

i don't hate the guy. i think he can fit in and have value but we could have taken him in the 4th without giving up anything, especially a 2nd round pick!

i really thought we had traded up for Tarheel DT Cam Thomas. when i saw we had traded, i stood up just knowing after getting the second best QB in the draft at 48, then taking a WR, we had traded up to add Cam to the roster! but nooooo.....

hey, look on the bright side. WE HAVE A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR!!!!!

#26 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

I mentioned this in another thread, but he could also be our 3rd string QB. His college stats are better than Cantwell's. So we could only carry 2 QBs this season so that we can carry more special teams guys that have a higher chance of seeing the field than Cantwell.

#27 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:40 PM

hey, look on the bright side. WE HAVE A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR!!!!!

The sad thing is, is that this really is a bright spot considering our recent history.

#28 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:43 PM

I mentioned this in another thread, but he could also be our 3rd string QB. His college stats are better than Cantwell's. So we could only carry 2 QBs this season so that we can carry more special teams guys that have a higher chance of seeing the field than Cantwell.

Maybe... but they listed him as WR when they announced his name as our 3rd pick. I see them using him as a KR/PR given his speed and moves... at least to start with.

#29 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Maybe... but they listed him as WR when they announced his name as our 3rd pick. I see them using him as a KR/PR given his speed and moves... at least to start with.

Just because he's listed as a WR doesnt mean thats the only position he can play. He has the ability to play QB and we dont have to carry 3 QBs on the roster because of that.

#30 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

He has never played a down at receiver at any level in his life. He's never ran a single route competitively. He weighs like 175.

It's laughable and inexcusable to pick him this high and to give up a second rounder to do so. And I'm saying that as someone that really really liked Armanti at App.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com