21 replies to this topic

#16 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Do you want me to make a list of the thousands of UDFA's that didn't make over the last several years? 95% is being generous.

Now think about that now. 95% is 1/20. So if you only signed 10 players and 1 made the cut that would be 90%. Almost every team has 1 or 2 players that make the cut. We still have quite a few of the 19 UDFA we signed last year (4 although they did spend a majority of the season on the PS but they are still here a year later).

UDFA are where good FO can really make a franchise. Anyone can spot talent in the 1st few rounds, it takes a real eye for talent to pick up a Antonio Gates, Bart Scott, or Tony Romo as UDFA

#17 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

stephen williams to cards, grrrrrrrrr. watch him actually get coached up by fitz, breston and co.......

#18 H2oproof

H2oproof

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

I would guess you'd be wrong.

Let me give everyone a list of some of the players in recent history that went undrafted (and I am sure I am missing some):

Matt Moore
Kurt Warner
James Harrison
Jeff Saturday
Nick Harper
Antonio Pierce
Adewale Ogunleye
Ryan Grant
Bart Scott
Brian Waters
London Fletcher
Jason Peters
Pat Williams
Adam Vinatieri
Jeff Garcia
Willie Parker
Wes Welker
Tony Romo
Priest Holmes
Antonio Gates

And thats just the really good starters. Plenty more make the team and contribute.

Dude c'mon.....For every guy that you named, theres about 100 undrafted guys who didnt make it.

Every year after the draft we always seem to sign UFAs who just are just there to fill roster spots for camp. The only person I can actually see making the squad is Jackson from UVA and he'll probably be on the practice squad. There were plenty of QUALITY undrafted free agents this year and we didnt sign any of them. You cant tell me that AJ Jefferson from Fresno State or Donovan Warren from Michigan dont have more potential than the corners that we drafted. This kind of stuff irks me but I have learned to accept it

#19 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

Dude c'mon.....For every guy that you named, theres about 100 undrafted guys who didnt make it.

Every year after the draft we always seem to sign UFAs who just are just there to fill roster spots for camp. The only person I can actually see making the squad is Jackson from UVA and he'll probably be on the practice squad. There were plenty of QUALITY undrafted free agents this year and we didnt sign any of them. You cant tell me that AJ Jefferson from Fresno State or Donovan Warren from Michigan dont have more potential than the corners that we drafted. This kind of stuff irks me but I have learned to accept it

Have you read a single post I have made on the subject I'm just as pissed with our UDFA and could give you 20 that made it that I would have said have starter talent. The whole reason I gave that list was to prove just how bad our FO is at finding a gem there and to prove its not impossible to find pro-bowl la. Sure plenty don't make it but thats not the point. If only 1 of your UDFA become a quality starter who cares what the other 10-15 do they were basically risk-free.

Edited by jramsey4, 30 April 2010 - 08:40 AM.

#20 H2oproof

H2oproof

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Have you read a single post I have made on the subject I'm just as pissed with our UDFA and could give you 20 that made it that I would have said have starter talent. The whole reason I gave that list was to prove just how bad our FO is at finding a gem there and to prove its not impossible to find pro-bowl la. Sure plenty don't make it but thats not the point. If only 1 of your UDFA become a quality starter who cares what the other 10-15 do they were basically risk-free.

lol relax brah. the part that you highlighted wasnt even directed towards you
i was just venting my frustration on how we always sign low quality UFAs

#21 PantherinBlackburn

PantherinBlackburn

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Here are who we've signed so far after the draft, just in case anyone is interested.

PANTHERS
Ray Hisatake, OL, Hawaii
Kurtis Gregory, OG, Missouri
Rashawn Jackson, FB, Virginia
Blake Hauden, P, Minnesota
Andrew George, TE, BYU
Matt O'Hanlon, S, Nebraska
Mark Ortmann, OT, Michigan
Andre Neblett, DT, Temple
Kurtis Gregory, OL, Missouri
Aaron Pettrey, K, Ohio State
Oliver Young, WR, South Carolina State

We are celebrating here in Blackburn! Kurtis Gregory grew up here. It was his dream to play football. He played at Santa Fe High School and then for Missouri Tigers and we celebrate that he is getting a chance to play for the Carolina Panthers. He is a great guy and will work very hard for the team. We wish him the best! The Panthers just gained some really excited fans!

#22 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Panthers just signed WR Trent Guy from Louisville. he was signed by the raiders, but then let go...5'8, 171 lbs...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com