35 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,499 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

Well obviously that's dumb. It could tip over.

Win

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,922 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

I hope this starts spreading to the other occupied countries. Libertarians are ahead of the curve. :P

libertarians? ahead of the curve? this has been a liberal position since they marched for it in the 60s.

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,922 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

by marched i mean smoked pot.

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:55 PM

libertarians? ahead of the curve? this has been a liberal position since they marched for it in the 60s.

I think libertarians want a strong defense but more isolationist.

Liberals want to solve the world's conflicts with Peace Maaaan

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,299 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Because as we all know getting all of our troops back on US Soil with nothing to do but quell riots is a Libertarian mandate LOL

#21 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Might cut down on suicides anyway

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,992 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

From the French and Indian War to World War II there were 6 Major wars that were fought across the Globe, usually with each one more deadly than the last. All but one of them started in Europe and Spread to the US. There hasn't been a major globe encompassing war since 1945. The global presence of a Superpower, along with Nukes, is the thing that has kept the world at peace since 1945. All the small wars the US has been involved since don't add up to a month's worth of casualties from the worst months of World War II or World War I.

This is why the US maintains a global presence. Not to defend Germany or Japan, but to keep the peace.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 26 April 2010 - 04:48 PM.

#23 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

I have never understood why countries around the world let us keep 10s of thousands of troops on their land. I get the benefit to the US as world police

Japan is an obvious one to say get the heck out. They have a sturdy army.

Cuba is a funny one. Basically we sent them a rent check a few decades ago and they refused to cash it. So we just stayed and they ignore us. Funny for a country that declared us evil and we have embargoed for 40 years

We have tons in Germany and Italy. I would have thought Germany would say..."so WWII was a long time ago..."

Or do they think we are a good deterrent against Russia?

29,000 troops in NK makes sense I guess

I'm not complaining, just is interesting

There are 0 American troops in NK.
The US has sent Cuba a rent check every month since the Spanish American War. Castro has never cashed a single one. But it is still sent every month.

The reason we're in Europe is because of NATO. When I was stationed in Germany, I worked with Germans, Brits, Estonians, Belgians, Frenchies, Canadians and the Dutch. When stationed int he US, well, I saw a Canadian General once.

#24 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

by marched i mean smoked pot.

No you mean SPIT on soldiers who were FORCED to go to war!

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,992 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

There are 0 American troops in NK.
The US has sent Cuba a rent check every month since the Spanish American War. Castro has never cashed a single one. But it is still sent every month.

The reason we're in Europe is because of NATO. When I was stationed in Germany, I worked with Germans, Brits, Estonians, Belgians, Frenchies, Canadians and the Dutch. When stationed int he US, well, I saw a Canadian General once.

There are quite a few foreign soldiers and sailors at Atlantic command in Norfolk. Mostly British, but some Canadians and others as well. We even had a few spend a month or so on the Iowa.

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,516 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

From the French and Indian War to World War II there were 6 Major wars that were fought across the Globe, usually with each one more deadly than the last. All but one of them started in Europe and Spread to the US. There hasn't been a major globe encompassing war since 1945. The global presence of a Superpower, along with Nukes, is the thing that has kept the world at peace since 1945. All the small wars the US has been involved since don't add up to a month's worth of casualties from the worst months of World War II or World War I.

This is why the US maintains a global presence. Not to defend Germany or Japan, but to keep the peace.

I buy this.

The philosophy of world police is good and bad.

But that is a good thing

i guess

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,992 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

I buy this.

The philosophy of world police is good and bad.

But that is a good thing

i guess

Well, surprised that you would agree with me. :)

I will say that sometimes we spread ourselves a bit to thin. And put ourselves in areas we really shouldn't be. We should have left Saudia Arabia, lock stock and barrell after Gulf War I was over with. We didn't need to be there to enforce sanctions, and I even said so to my Commander in Bahrain about a year before the attack in Dharhan. His response was "the Saudi's love us". The senior military and government leaders that he delt with on a regular basis got along well with us, but I realized every time I crossed the border between Saudi Arabia and Bahrain that we didn't get a lot of love there.

#28 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

The Marines in Okinawa are out of fuging control.

They have already started building on to the bases in Guam to move them. I am so glad that I am not stationed there any longer.

#29 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

We should close all those bases in Africa, there's plenty of peace there. :leaving:

#30 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,777 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

The Marines in Okinawa are out of fuging control.

They have already started building on to the bases in Guam to move them. I am so glad that I am not stationed there any longer.

You sure Guam can support the weight? I hear it may capsize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com