Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Chris Harris Traded For LB Jamar Williams

420 posts in this topic

Wait, so is this official?

If so, it's a stupid move. Harris was a leader, a decent player, and a fan favorite. How much did we save by cutting him? I don't know the number, but it probably isn't big enough to change my mind.

I have been trying to stay positive about the various "curious and weird" moves our team has made this offseason

BUT

if we traded C Harris for a 3rd string LB (a position we already have plenty of talent at) just to save 900k IN A YEAR WITH NO SALARY CAP... maybe the Panthers FO have already given up on this upcoming year

9780a_sad-clown1.jpg

Godfrey is a better tackler than coverage player. He will be moved to SS, not Martin.

In 6 months you will all be extolling hurney for making such a brilliant move.

I liked harris a lot but oh well.

I've never got that concept of great players getting buried on the depth chart. If they are that good, they start or at lest get significant playing time. I don't buy it.

Have you seen the Bears depth chart at LB??

Name another profession where you can sh*t on your bosses publicly and not face the consequences.

At any rate, I think Martin goes to SS and Godfrey stays at FS

I could actually see them doing something like this except flipped. Godfrey became a MUCH better tackler last year after his injury so I could see him @ SS. Martin at FS.

Godfrey is a better tackler than coverage player. He will be moved to SS, not Martin.

for every tackle Godfrey makes there are 3 where he is run over, juked out of his shoes, or just flings his lifeless body on the ground to give the illusion he tried.

only tackle Godfrey can make is when he and the ball get to the opponent at the same time

Jerry Richardson is now one of the worst owners in the league. I f'ing despise him.

Ditto

Dooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmeddd

for every tackle Godfrey makes there are 3 where he is run over, juked out of his shoes, or just flings his lifeless body on the ground to give the illusion he tried.

only tackle Godfrey can make is when he and the ball get to the opponent at the same time

not to mention he cant hit like Harris and he doesnt have the instinct to strip while making the tackle :confused:

I can't really spin this one.

Yeah, I tried too.

I knew something was wrong when the board was taking a while to load.