#16 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

Sounds like Jordan Gross is still butt hurt over Delhomme's cut or is backing Moore really hard. Either way, suck it up man. There are some serious negative overtones in his words about Clausen. Maybe he just doesn't like him, but I think it's a case of him wanting his old QB back.

wtf article did you read?

did you follow the wrong link?

#17 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Chicago Breaking Sports. PLease, can you tudor the Charlotte Observer writers a little about journalism and actually writing a piece rather than regergitating other peoples news.

You might want to rethink that statement.

Clausen's passion play starts its run with Panthers

HAHA you admitted to liking an article written by Charles Chandler.

That's just proof-positive that you guys are quick to poo-poo any article that was written by Gantt or Chandler. They turn out good stuff pretty regularly.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

yeah...it was kind of a weird way of putting it, choosing the word arrogant in his statement and all.

it was a compliment, though.

#19 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like Jordan Gross is still butt hurt over Delhomme's cut or is backing Moore really hard. Either way, suck it up man. There are some serious negative overtones in his words about Clausen. Maybe he just doesn't like him, but I think it's a case of him wanting his old QB back.

"We said that's gutsy and arrogant at the same time - and I think that might be a good thing in a quarterback," said Gross. "I remember when I was a rookie, I just had my head down and didn't look unless somebody was talking to me. It was such an intimidating situation to come into.

"He's a guy who had a lot of press clear back in high school, so he's probably used to it a little more than I was or a lot of rookies might be.

"But to stand up and say you're competing for the starting spot and kind of try to take a leadership role (right) off the bat, it's something not a lot of people can do. You've got to kind of tip your hat to that and say he's got it in him."

I've bolded the important parts, so as to make reading comprehension easier.

#20 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

^Thanks. People see one word, and they freak out.

Gross made an observation and was honest about it.

Not only that, but he actually complimented him. Oh well...

Edited by megadeth078, 04 May 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#21 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,527 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

People see one word, and they freak out.

http://skeptico.blog...4c061970b-800wi

#22 Gscottnc5

Gscottnc5

Reposter Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

Thanks Chicago Breaking Sports. PLease, can you tudor the Charlotte Observer writers a little about journalism and actually writing a piece rather than regergitating other peoples news.

You might want to rethink that statement.

Clausen's passion play starts its run with Panthers

HAHA you admitted to liking an article written by Charles Chandler.

DAMN!! I feel like an idiot. What I meant to say was......... FUUDDGGE!!!!!

Damn Chicago Breaking Sports!!! Should have read "Chandler Breaking Sports" lol

#23 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Heard that. I'm fine with either Moore or Clausen starting, provided that they actually win the job in the preseason. Clausen is stepping up and letting it be known that he's here to not just compete for the job, but to win it. I like it, and I love the fire and drive that he's showing right now. He needs to impress the rest of the locker room like he's already impressed Gross.

i agree with you completely. i want whoever starts this season to be the best QB that we have, reguardless who it is. i think that matt should start, but am secretly hoping that claussen is so good, that he takes the starting position.

it would be awesome for him to be that "franchise QB" in Carolina that we have never really had.

#24 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

I've bolded the important parts, so as to make reading comprehension easier.

You're a great poster and seem to really be a dip poo, but I guess you have to be in order to last around here. You selectively quote snips from an article that could just as easily be bolded the other way and that's an asshole thing to do, but I have to respect the effort and I look forward to posting on this message board with you for a long time.

Relax, bro. I was complimentary.

#25 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

i agree with you completely. i want whoever starts this season to be the best QB that we have, reguardless who it is. i think that matt should start, but am secretly hoping that claussen is so good, that he takes the starting position.

it would be awesome for him to be that "franchise QB" in Carolina that we have never really had.

I actually want Moore to start regardless.. Clausen may be the most NFL ready of the rookies taken in this draft, but he still needs a year to sit and learn...

#26 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

I actually want Moore to start regardless.. Clausen may be the most NFL ready of the rookies taken in this draft, but he still needs a year to sit and learn...

i agree that he should sit and learn, but i just think that he has a good chance to win the job. the only other QB he has to learn from on the roster is moore who has only played a few games. who really knows how much the FO likes matt moore? they say he is the starter, but after that, they try to trade up for a QB at pick 33 who they obviously like alot.

he is a rookie, but alot of rookies lately have taken their team to the playoffs during they're rookie season. some of them are pretty good football teams like the jets and baltimore. even matt ryan looked good his rook season.

i guess i am just trying to say that there is a better chance for him to start than people are expecting. i think it could be 50-50% by the time preseason starts.

#27 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

You're a great poster and seem to really be a dip poo, but I guess you have to be in order to last around here. You selectively quote snips from an article that could just as easily be bolded the other way and that's an asshole thing to do, but I have to respect the effort and I look forward to posting on this message board with you for a long time.

that was a bold move there jim lets see how it plays out for him .. you're exactly right chris this could get ugly :D

#28 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

#29 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

Oh, you're quite welcome.

#30 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,241 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

lol I genuinely feel bad for Matt Moore. I hope the at least start him this season so he can succeed with another team in 2011 or 2012 if there's a lockout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com