Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drinking the Eric Norwood Koolaid

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Its no secret that I am a huge Gamecocks fan. I really think Norwood will develope in to a great player for the Panthers. Not really sure on where they will play him or how they will use him.

Maybe get him to gain weight and be a pass rushing DE or use him at LB somewhere. All I know is from what I watched for all four years at SC is that he is always around the ball and plays with great intensity.

3 people like this

Posted

...always pegged you for a fan of the cocks...

Jedi troll is trolling...

1 person likes this

Posted

Any thoughts on where the Panthers might use him?

Posted

lol

OLB primarily, with some end duty in rotation during passing downs...

Posted

They will use him as a 3rd down pass rusher. He doesn't have the coverage skills for a strong side LB, also there is already a competition between Connor and Anderson for that position. We don't run a 3-4 so he can't be like Demarcus Ware or Terell Suggs and put his hand on the ground every few plays. He selected #92 (Lineman or Passrushing LB number). I am pretty sure you will see his hand on the ground more than him standing up. I look forward to some production from him this season.

Posted

lol

OLB primarily, with some end duty in rotation during passing downs...

True, he could be used to rotate in with Thomas Davis on Weak Side LB duties. Keep our legs fresh.

Posted

He was one of my favorite picks...he will have a impact as a pass rushing OLB/DE

Posted

although his coverage skills are not his strength right now let's also remember that thomas davis wasn't good in coverage when he first came here. i see playing SLB on some plays and rushing the passer on third and long

Posted

Special teams written all over him.

Posted

He'lll eventually start on the outside... It may be a few years down the road, but I bet you it is sooner...

Posted

They will try to train/coach him as an OLB this spring and summer to see what he can do. It is easier to go from LB to DE rather than the other way around. The obviously know he has pass rushing skills with the ability to fly around at LB.

1 person likes this

Posted

Special teams written all over him.

that's also one of the reasons i liked this pick. he is a special teams demon along with having pass rush skills, anything else we get is just gravy